TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: 2010 World Cup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I can't believe there isn't a thread about this yet!

The 2010 World Cup starts in about 6 hours from now!

I will risk and predict that Uruguay will beat France 1-0 tonight.

I've included a poll, regarding the winner of the tournament. I reckon it will be between Spain, Argentina and Brazil.
Basketball lovers don't give a rat's ass about football Tongue

Well especially since our team sucks hard anyway Biggrin
My favourite team is England but they are constant losers. The winner will probably be wither Brazil or Spain. I'm not sure whether Maradona can go that far with Argentina.

It'd be nice to see Serbia doing well. Out of those that I want to fail - Italy, France and Germany.
I'm with spain, my NT makes it once in a century so I need a favourite, ever since 02 WC I'm with Spain, it began cuz Raul was (and still is) my fav. Player.

After they won 08 Euro I expect a first WC. Biggrin
The opening game:

South Africa 1 - 1 Mexico

Referee: Ravshan Irmatov (Uzbekistan)

Spectators: 83,548

55' S. Tshabalala [1 - 0]
79' R. Marquez [1 - 1]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UviBTw7Vjno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bKwIABbuvQ
First of all, I am a huge Basketball fan, and a huge football fan. I don't understand why you have to love only one of those things..?

My first impression: WILL THEY EVER STOP MAKING THOSE SOUNDS???!!!
I'm a bet addict at time. Today I made three bets.

South Africa 2-1 Mexico correct score and S. Africa hit the post at the last minutes.

Now I got Uruguay 1-0 France correct score, so far at half time it's 0-0.

The third bet was Diego Forlan as the tournament's top goalscorer, I know it's far fetched but the odds were good.
I had Uruguay and France tying (1-1, but still at least I got the tie right), had SA beating Mexico and it was extremely close to happening, too bad. The noise is HORRIBLE. Sounds like a thousand swarms of invisible bees.
(Jun 11, 2010, 7:48 pm)Led00 Wrote: [ -> ]First of all, I am a huge Basketball fan, and a huge football fan. I don't understand why you have to love only one of those things..?

Basketball is my first and only true love Biggrin

And you those annoying sounds are the stupid horns that everyone has got there in SA. Apparently the decibel levels of the noise are enough to rupture your ear drum, so good thing I'm not there Laugh
The first day wasn't too good but I didn't expect much from group A (but France and Uruguay could be better..)

today 3 games Smile i love the World Cup
The Greek iron def. Seems to be rusty.. South Korea looked pretty good, if they'll keep that shape they can and will make it to te next round
Old man Otto is losing his mind. He didn't play the best two Greek players.

Liverpool's Kyrgiakos and Panathinaikos' Ninis.

On top of that Greece is the only team of WC which plays with 5 defenders and probably the only remaining team of the planet who still plays with a sweeper. Not to mention he substituted Karagounis with Patsatzoglou (who?). Crazy
I've said it once, I will say it a million times, Greece has never been a nation of football, nor will it ever be Biggrin

If we lose 2-0 to the South Koreans, how much are the Argentians going to pelt us with? 15-0? 20-0? Laugh Blink Mellow
Poor play by Greece, i expected a bit more. Those Koreans r just way 2 fast! Tongue
Argentina also wasn't too impressive... Poor games so far, I hope England-USA won't dissapoint.
and yet football is number 1 sport in greece and everybody just cares for football. btw in 4 world cup games greece's score is 0-12 and 4 defeats which makes them the worst team in the history of the world cup Laugh
I just bet on Rooney to score the third goal and England to win this one.

If they can't beat USA, they should be ashamed of themselves.
Once again England disappointed me. Maybe it's too early to judge them after only game but I doubt they'll go far this year. I need to start looking for another team to support.
(Jun 12, 2010, 10:13 pm)Vilius Wrote: [ -> ]Once again England disappointed me. Maybe it's too early to judge them after only game but I doubt they'll go far this year. I need to start looking for another team to support.

germany Wink
(Jun 12, 2010, 10:17 pm)suricata Wrote: [ -> ]germany Wink

(Jun 11, 2010, 10:57 am)Vilius Wrote: [ -> ]It'd be nice to see Serbia doing well. Out of those that I want to fail - Italy, France and Germany.

Sorry Bag Biggrin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6