TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Possible Maroussi and OFI merge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Doest that mean that Maroussi will not play its Euroleague home games in front of empty seats next season? It was rather disappointing to watch their home games last season with less than 1,000 spectators.
Quote:Doest that mean that Maroussi will not play its Euroleague home games in front of empty seats next season? It was rather disappointing to watch their home games last season with less than 1,000 spectators.

Last year Maroussi had several games with over 5,000 attendance. It's just that OAKA is so huge that 5,000 looks like 1,000.

But yes, that is the main reason for the move. In Irakleio they expect to be able to get 5,000 plus attendance for the Euroleague. So with that they might get a direct Euroleague spot. By moving to Irakelio where there should be strong attendance and with the new arena there, this probably makes Maroussi the third biggest Greek club at the moment because the attendance issue and the issue of having their own big arena will both be solved.

As I understand it, Maroussi's 1,700 seat home arena in Maroussi can now be used as a training facility by PAO.
So Maroussi is the name of an area in Athens, right? And they will be playing under the same name in another city? Local fans might want the name change then Smile
Quote:So Maroussi is the name of an area in Athens, right? And they will be playing under the same name in another city? Local fans might want the name change then Smile

Yeah, their home arena was Agios Thomas in Maroussi. It's right next to OAKA. Maroussi will now play in the city of Irakleio, Greece. Irakelio is located on the island of Crete in the middle of the Mediterranean. The name of the club will probably be changed to OFI Crete.
Eh, wow that's quite a change for Maroussi. But I guess it's all about the money. It's extremely important that the team has no more debts Smile

I really hope they do well next season Smile
They will not be remembered then. I was hoping Maroussi will become another "underdog" team, but we will ahve to stick with Partizan Tongue
Quote:They will not be remembered then. I was hoping Maroussi will become another "underdog" team, but we will ahve to stick with Partizan Tongue

I think they will be remembered more now. In Irakelio they will have a big fan base and strong attendance. With Maroussi's management and coaching and with the smallest budget along with Partizan they should stay as an underdog favorite. They should stay competitive as a top 16 club but with one of the smallest budgets.
Please ignore what this guy writes. 99% of it is his imagination.

1. Maroussi and OFI have not merged so far, nothing is final.

2. The new club's income, if created, will not be anything more than 1.5m euros.

3. Last season Maroussi's budget was 1.3m euros.

4. The tax increase from 25% to 45% will take place after 01/01/2011.

5. Maroussi has a 2m euros debt, Vovos promised to clear them and also agreed with all players to repay them for the last season's wages (they only received 2 months worth of work) in installments.

6. The Herakleion Arena has a capacity of 5.222 ... The 2010 All Star Game attendance was almost 5.500 fans.

STOP WRITING LIES AND BULLSHIT. I WILL BE MONITORING ALL OF YOUR POSTS CLOSELY FROM NOW ON AND I WILL NOT HESITATE TO EDIT OR DELETE THEM.

Plus you receive another warning for lying.
lol, whats with the reaction, dude? Blink
LOL, I didn't know lying was such big business on basketball forums Tongue
Quote:LOL, I didn't know lying was such big business on basketball forums Tongue

It isn't in general. It is this particular guy who is trolling every single basketball forum there is on the internet with 100 different nicks, pretending to be someone he is not and he is constantly making up facts and news.
Quote:It isn't in general. It is this particular guy who is trolling every single basketball forum there is on the internet with 100 different nicks, pretending to be someone he is not and he is constantly making up facts and news.

Lol, how did u know that it was him? Unsure Biggrin
I've been around since 2006. Everyone who has been around for so long knows him by now. Not just in this forum.
Quote:1. Maroussi and OFI have not merged so far, nothing is final.

According to OFI president the merge is difficult due to legal reasons because the law forbids an amateur club (OFI) to merge with a professional limited company (Maroussi).

Quote:6. The Herakleion Arena has a capacity of 5.222 ... The 2010 All Star Game attendance was almost 5.500 fans.

However if a solution is found the new team will have "Herakleio" in the name to show its base (It;s the capital of Crete island) and they will be playing at the Aorakia arena which has a a 52000 capacity. (Of course this arena does not meet EL standards).

And because I always prove sources and proof HERE you go.
Quote:5. Maroussi has a 2m euros debt, Vovos promised to clear them and also agreed with all players to repay them for the last season's wages (they only received 2 months worth of work) in installments.

And because I only talk with facts here is a LINK to confirm me.

Vovos has not in fact paid off his dues and is now proposing to repay all players in 26 monthly installments starting from November 2010 until December 2012.
AFAIK the merge won't happen at all ,it was rejected and Marroussi will stay as it is.

They still got behind them the mayor and they're looking to find a solution.Hopefully all will turn out well.
Quote:AFAIK the merge won't happen at all ,it was rejected and Marroussi will stay as it is.

They still got behind them the mayor and they're looking to find a solution.Hopefully all will turn out well.

Maroussi mayor said that Maroussi's merge with OFI would be a casus belli for his municipality.

Obviously it is not going to happen now and even if it does Maroussi municipality will pull the plug on any financial help.
As I said and predicted based ON FACTS and sources... and not my wild imagination...

Maroussi and OFI merge will NOT happen. LINK