TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Bosnia & Herzegovina NT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Via [url="http://www.fibaeurope.com/coid_yxQlJmD5IpU4lzs75s4pV3.container_frontpage.articleMode_on.html"]FIBA Europe[/url]

Quote:[size="2"]Bosnia and Herzegovina may have to go into qualifying games for EuroBasket 2011 without Mirza Teletovic.[/size]

That's a big worry for a national team that desperately needed Teletovic in the Additional Qualifying Round last year but had to do without him and lost out to Belgium in Group A.

They have a tough task this summer, too, with Division A games coming up against Ukraine, Great Britain, Hungary and FYR of Macedonia.

Teletovic, a forward with Spanish giants Caja Laboral, is preparing for an ACB Finals showdown with Regal Barcelona.

He explained his problem to the Bosnia and Herzegovina tabloid, Dnevni avaz.

"In the first round of the play-offs against Estudiantes, I took an awkward hit on the hip," he said.

"As time passed, the pain became more intense.

"It spread to the lower back..."

Teletovic says that doctors also discovered he has a knee problem.

There is apparently chronic inflammation as a result of a bruising Euroleague encounter, something that only just came to light.

"I'm only 24 years old and this is a sensitive injury and, frankly, I'm afraid of every awkward landing," he said.

"I recently spoke with the president of the Basketball Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina and told him that I am at your team's disposal if all goes well.

"Unfortunately, I could not count on this happening."

Despite the problems, Teletovic intends to be in the squad for the ACB Finals showdown with Regal Barcelona.

Sabita Hadzic, the Bosnia and Herzegovina coach, still hopes Teletovic will make it into the national side this summer.

"The season in Spain is not over yet, because Mirza is yet to play in finals and I am aware that he is currently focused on the club and has a great desire to win the title," Hadzic said.

"I know Teletovic is a great guy and excellent player and I believe that he has problems with injuries, but we hope to be able to agree (on this summer).

"We are not the same team if we do not have Mirza."
Quote:Sponsor sent the goods,KSB&H has no money for customs!

The leaders of the Basketball Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina have managed to find a technical sponsor for all national teams, but is now "stuck" about customs, because of how spread Slovenian kosarka.si site, they have no money!

Association of B&H signed cooperation with a large Chinese factory sports equipment and first shipment should be "six sets of shirts and even 600 pairs of sports shoes of the total value of 140,000 euros. " Regardless of the "full of container, KSB&H has a big problem with finding the money (about 47,000 euros) to pay the customs!
Preliminary squad:

Kenan Bajramović

Mirza Teletović

Ratko Varda

Edin Bavčić

Elmedin Kikanović

Adnan Hodžić

Henry Domercant

Goran Ikonić

Nihad Đedović

Nemanja Gordić

Saša Vasiljević