TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Tennis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
2010 Wimbledon coming up soon, so a Tennis thread is a must.

Here is the men's singles draw

you can also vote on your all-times favourite tennis player. Poll is multiple choice.
pppffttt a tennis thread?!?!?!? wtf. Blink

I thought we came here to discuss basketball Rolleyes

who follows tennis anyway?!?!
Ah, I do.

I love Wimbledon, i just hope the weather will love it too...
I usually watch only the Israeli players and grand slam finals, so I'm with Sela and Pe'er in this tournament, as usualy Biggrin

Sela is in a good shape, after this last tournament he had (dunno what it's called, something on grass Tongue ) he even beat Roddick.. I hope he can get where he got last year, 1/16 round.

He got a cruel draw though, Youzhny in the first round (about a year after he met youzhny in Davis cup quarter finals, it ended great back then Biggrin )
(Jun 19, 2010, 8:14 pm)MaccabiTA Wrote: [ -> ](dunno what it's called, something on grass Tongue )

Queens? Tongue Biggrin

Try watching Federer's games! Those can be very good!
Yes queens thank you Smile

ill make sure to give it a shot Tongue
Federer wins in tie break at 1st round...
Peer-Ivanovic 6-3 6-4

I think she failed in 2nd round last year so she wont lose any points (if i figured this point system right Biggrin ) so that's nice already.. from now on every round is bonus Tongue
Ana Ivanovic has a big problem...

Novak Djokovic had trouble in the first round but he is ok now...

Jelena Jankovic plays great tennis! Keep up, she will, i hope Biggrin
What's wrong with ivanovic? Wasn't she like top 5 or something? How did she drop that bad? Injury? I mean she was one of the best (and one of the hottest Tongue ) but now she couldn't risk Peer in peer's serv games.. I think she didn't break even once and in half of them she didn't even win a point :/
Fed won't make the final.You heard it here first.Watch him go out to Lopez in the 4rth round.

Final will be Soderling/Roddick vs Murray with the "Brit" winning his first major in front of her Majesty. Rolleyes
Sela lost Sad he's gonna lose many points... He was close to make a comeback, lost the first 2 sets, won the third and got to tie break in the 4th but he lost it :/
anybody watching Mahut-Isner? it's 55-55 in the 5th set Biggrin unbelieveable
(Jun 22, 2010, 10:23 am)MaccabiTA Wrote: [ -> ]What's wrong with ivanovic? Wasn't she like top 5 or something? How did she drop that bad? Injury? I mean she was one of the best (and one of the hottest Tongue ) but now she couldn't risk Peer in peer's serv games.. I think she didn't break even once and in half of them she didn't even win a point :/

Lol, r u kidding me? Ana Ivanovic won the Roland Garros and made it to number one spot in the WTA Tongue
(Jun 23, 2010, 8:37 pm)MaccabiTA Wrote: [ -> ]anybody watching Mahut-Isner? it's 55-55 in the 5th set Biggrin unbelieveable

Game stopped after 9 hours or something...
(Jun 24, 2010, 2:43 am)BlackĀ Urum Wrote: [ -> ]Game stopped after 19 hours or something...

9 hrs 58 mins. Tongue I came back home after playing basketball at the park and suddenly saw in sport 5 "the longest game in tennis history, come watch live" and it was 53-52.. they both barely could stand Biggrin they stopped at 59-59.. I wonder if they could get off the bed this morning Laugh they are supposed to continue it today..

btw, Aces: Isner 98 Mahut 95 holy shit
(Jun 24, 2010, 12:06 am)Led00 Wrote: [ -> ]Lol, r u kidding me? Ana Ivanovic won the Roland Garros and made it to number one spot in the WTA Tongue

Oh lol sorry Laugh

I'm not such a big fan of tennis.. but hey, I knew she was somewhere in the top Tongue

so what made her fall that low? Mellow
She wanted to play tennis and to have a model carer. She was starting to pay much more attention on her beauty and her pictures and dresses and god knows what, instead of playing tennis. But, hey, it's her choice and i respect it completely. i just don't like when I c her waning all over again that she will come back and be the first again, it's only a meter of time. THEN TAKE RACKET AND PLAY TENNIS NOT PHOTO MODELING!
You know, you could add some pictures to this post Tongue
Isner won after 70-68 in the last set, poor Mahut.. can't he get a special place in the next round or something? I feel bad for him
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5