TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Hellas Young Mens' NT wins silver vs. France
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Congratulations are due for our young men who had a great course in the European Young Men's Championship this year, unfortunately losing in the final against France 62-73.

We continue to produce a very capable and talented younger generation of players which I hope will continue to give the Hellas Mens' NT many highest achievements like the ones we have enjoyed these past years Smile

The final positions 1-16 were as such:

1. France
2. Greece
3. Spain
4. Croatia
5. Russia
6. Montenegro
7. Serbia
8. Ukraine
9. Lithuania
10. Italy
11. Latvia
12. Slovenia
13. Turkey
14. Germany
15. Holland
16. Czech Republic
Greek golden generation of all time for the ages.

PG Kostas Sloukas
SG Nikos Pappas
SF Kostas Papanikolau
PF Leonidas Kaselakis
C Zisis Sarakopoulos

PG/SG Vangelis Manztaris
SG/SF Vlantimir Giankovits

Respect. One of the greatest golden generations. Best golden generation in Europe since the Spanish one of Juan Carlos Navarro, Pau Gasol, Felipe Reyes, Carlos Cabezas, Berni Rodriguez, Raul Lopez, German Gabriel.

I know the recent Serbian generation of Milenko Tepic, Milos Teodisic, Ivan Paunic, Nemanja Aleksandrov, Vladimir Stimac, Nenad Mijatovic, Dragan Labović and them gets credited as being the best in Europe in recent years and the best since that Spanish golden generation, but that's totally wrong.

That Serbian "golden generation" does not even compare to this Greek one.

Of course, will any of these Greek players like Sloukas, Papanikolau, Pappas go onto become stars like Pau, Navarro, Teodosic.....that remains to be seen.

But damn, what a Greek generation this was. They don't get any credit or hype either. I saw that thread on interbasket where almost every non-Greek was saying Greece won't even have any good succes or good players past this year. What the hell? They just had the most dominant generation in Europe in the last 10 years.
Our Junior men NT squad is doing well so far too. I hope they at least win a medal, and even have the chance for the gold Cool Biggrin
Are any of these games televised?

I haven't noticed anything on ERT-1, but I'd like to watch the Junior squad playing if they're actually showing it on terrestrial television.
The games were televised on Conn-X.
For f*ck's sake Huh 'Angry

It's the god damn national team, it should be on ERT-1!!

SOB's Sad
Let's hope that they don't buy the friendly games of senior NT as well...

Because those of us who live abroad hang on ERT World (former ERT Sat) to watch our NT...
I was going to recommend tzaba.tv for recorded versions of such games (although in sucky .mkv format) but the tracker is going to close 20th of August Sad
(Jul 25, 2010, 11:07 pm)Black Urum Wrote: [ -> ]Let's hope that they don't buy the friendly games of senior NT as well...

Because those of us who live abroad hang on ERT World (former ERT Sat) to watch our NT...

Oh man that would suck.
"Love Cyprus Basketball Tournament" in which Greece NT will be taking part will be shown by NOVA... Blink
Well keep your hopes up guys, there's a new tracker going to open up soon, a gamato clone! Biggrin

www.gamato.me is the address, apparently they're performing maintenance on the site right now, but once that one is finished people will be able to register accounts again. At least you will be able to get these recorded no?
Oh and btw, our junior squad finished 8th in the European championship, not the best of results by a WIDE margin :|