TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Latsis Supposedly Wants To Buy AEK Athens
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I hope this happens. Then there will be 3 great super powers in Greece, instead of just 2. AEK is such a big club that it deserves this.
I know that Latsis family are AEK supporters but out of all the sporting departments why would they choose basketball?

Even in their good days when reaching EL finals and winning A1 in late 90s AEK gathered a max crowd of 10K in OAKA...

But if they are serious about this needless to say that both PAO and OLY will be n their shadow and AEK could easily have 50m euros budget year in year out.
AEK doesn't deserve it as much as say Aris or PAOK. You Southerners want everything concentrated in the capital, when it is all the best Greek players on your teams come from Thessaloniki. Enough with concentrating the wealth all in one place. Thessaloniki is Greece's basketball city and you all know it.
[quote name='ZEUS' date='03 August 2010 - 01:15 PM' timestamp='1280834122' post='24048']

AEK doesn't deserve it as much as say Aris or PAOK. You Southerners want everything concentrated in the capital, when it is all the best Greek players on your teams come from Thessaloniki. Enough with concentrating the wealth all in one place. Thessaloniki is Greece's basketball city and you all know it.

[/quote]

Aris and PAOK have great fans but AEK is a bigger club overall.
[quote name='Panathinaikos' date='03 August 2010 - 06:06 PM' timestamp='1280851611' post='24052']

Aris and PAOK have great fans but AEK is a bigger club overall.

[/quote]

How is it a bigger club overall? Based upon what?
[quote name='ZEUS' date='03 August 2010 - 11:27 PM' timestamp='1280870845' post='24058']

How is it a bigger club overall? Based upon what?

[/quote]

AEK has more supporters. Aris and PAOK might have the most passionate fans in Europe, but I am pretty sure that AEK has more supporters overall.
AEK more than PAOK, I doubt it. More than Aris however, they most certainly do. Take it by titles won, in the past decades by Aris, and they'd be the biggest team out of the three mentioned. The fan base is only part of the equation. At the end of the day, it depends on what team the Latsis family supports, and if they want to do this to keep the team as a hobby, or as a business that will actually give them some sort of profit.