TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Allen Iverson holding Besiktas jersey!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Click HERE to see them.
Crazy signing!

One of the most significant signings in international basketball history! Rofl3
I hope he still has some talent left in him. I wish him the best.
Great transfer.But we still have wait whether the transfer worth.
I think its a great signing for Besiktas. Irrespective of how AI plays, this brings a lot of attention and interest to the club.
Quote:I think its a great signing for Besiktas. Irrespective of how AI plays, this brings a lot of attention and interest to the club.

For sure a lot of sponsors and fans.and TV coverage.
It's kind of a shame that he didn't make this move two years ago before he became totally irrelevant. This would have been a huge signing two years ago.

How does this signing compare to other signings of former NBA players signing in Europe? It's reminiscent of Dominque Wilkins, only Wilkins had more left in the tank when he made the move. It's crazy to think how many big name signings have occurred over the past few years: Kleiza, Childress, Garbajosa, Delfino, Ilyasova, Nesterovic. Iverson has had the best career out of all of those guys including Wilkins but I'm not sure that he much left to offer. We'll see.
have i ever told you i support besŸiktasŸ too?? Biggrin
Iverson missed his flight to Istanbul? This is getting off to a great start.
Quote:Team manager Murtezaoglu said he expects Iverson to make his debut at Besiktas European Cup home game against Hemofarm Stada.