TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: WC 2018 & 2022
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Russia got WC2018.

Qatar got WC2022.

Britain and Britain with criminal record (Australia) got $^%#
Am I the only person who finds this hilarious! Rofl3
Hilarious because the Britons failed or because Russia and Qatar got it?

Because I know Americans were upset at Qatar wondering stupid things like where it is, if they got stadiums etc...
(Dec 3, 2010, 8:17 pm)Raze Lupin Wrote: [ -> ]Am I the only person who finds this hilarious! Rofl3

Qatar have money of Oil & Gas.And it would be awesome stadiums in desert. Cool

I bet that if Qatar are not partner of USA then we will probably see war games because of oil.

And i'm glad that Bill Clinton SUCKED Biggrin (He represent USA).
(Dec 3, 2010, 8:38 pm)Black Urum Wrote: [ -> ]Hilarious because the Britons failed or because Russia and Qatar got it?

Because I know Americans were upset at Qatar wondering stupid things like where it is, if they got stadiums etc...

I think its hilarious because Britain didn't get it and Qatar and Russia did! I really don't see why Americans cared so much. To be honest it would be nice to host the WC BUT we don't care as much about soccer-football. It would be an honor for USA to have it but nothing to be upset about. I'm glad Qatar got it! USA pundits pointing out potential weaknesses of other countries capabilities to host is neither funny or offensive its just part of competition. I just think it's hilarious that everyone is upset. LOL! I'm glad Qatar has a chance to show what they got! At the end of the day its not as important to "me" as Basketball. Cool

About Qatar I have a couple friends that play basketball their. I also have some old college friends that do petroleum engineer work their. Also I have a Greek friend who is an airline stewardess for United Emerites. If i could afford to go I would have a place to stay.
(Dec 4, 2010, 1:14 am)stefans Wrote: [ -> ]Qatar have money of Oil & Gas.And it would be awesome stadiums in desert. Cool

I bet that if Qatar are not partner of USA then we will probably see war games because of oil.

And i'm glad that Bill Clinton SUCKED Biggrin (He represent USA).

Yes i was happy someone unusual got it. In the same way I was happy South Africa got it! Yes Qatar is a very rich country! I have friends that live there from USA that work in engineering, basketball and for Emirates. They have fun all the time driving four wheelers in the desert and fine dining. Its like a resort place to them!

It is also true that it can be a dangerous place for woman, Europeans that look white and Americans. This is just based on my friends experiences. Attractive looking woman are stolen and used as slaves. I still want to go there!! I'm happy a smaller country got it!
America hosted a recent WC, in 1994. They played the games at summer noon in places like Florida, in open stadiums, players were fainting, only Hispanics, Italians and various other immigrants attended the games and the distances were enormous.

So Qatar with air-conditioned stadiums and limited size looks like a heaven compared to 1994.

As far as Russia goes... they will spend $3.2 billion for new stadiums and renovation, but secutiry will definitely be an issue.

People think fans riots in the Balkans are bad? Well, in Russia they do them with AK-47s, and I'm not joking.
(Dec 10, 2010, 10:34 am)Black Urum Wrote: [ -> ]America hosted a recent WC, in 1994. They played the games at summer noon in places like Florida, in open stadiums, players were fainting, only Hispanics, Italians and various other immigrants attended the games and the distances were enormous.

So Qatar with air-conditioned stadiums and limited size looks like a heaven compared to 1994.

As far as Russia goes... they will spend $3.2 billion for new stadiums and renovation, but secutiry will definitely be an issue.

People think fans riots in the Balkans are bad? Well, in Russia they do them with AK-47s, and I'm not joking.

USA as changed in 16 year we have more fan support for soccer. Latino Americans are the biggest soccer fans here so if thats true its no surprise. Look at how many Americans bought tickets to South Africa. I believe Americans led the world in travelers. Soccer football is much bigger here than it was in 1994. People really wanted it here. Still most people do not care about soccer. However they do care about cheering for there nation.

Shit...I'm worried about security in both Russia and Qatar...