TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Increase your vertical
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm 5'11 and I jump almost 30 inches and i can grab the rim. And i want to dunk... Simple as that..

Do you know any free programs or any tips that have worked for you?
Quote:I'm 5'11 and I jump almost 30 inches and i can grab the rim. And i want to dunk... Simple as that..

Do you know any free programs or any tips that have worked for you?

Hey I'm new here and I'm 5'11'' as well. Currently I can grab the rim with 2 hands with a 2-foot approach.

Are you currently doing any strength training program? plyometric exercises? Also check if your approach and technique is good. A video would be nice Smile
hey guys, i have a website for basketball tips that you might need for your verticals. check it out, and you can always ask your questions. here's the link http://basketball-performance.com
Spring Training — Your Action Plan

1. Keep it simple. Before upping the ante it's important to have a strong foundation; that is, plenty of leg strength. While many vertical leap guides and tutorials provide countless, often intricate exercises in order to improve jump speed, agility, and overall vertical leap, the power's simply got to be there first. So, if you can'€™t squat 1.5x your body weight (a good benchmark for strength, according to Greatist Expert and trainer Jordan Syatt), start with basic squats and related exercises, such as box jumps, deadlifts, and other exercises across the vertical plane. Those who are more advanced can then move to lateral and other more minor movements, Syatt suggests .

2. Stretch it out. Athletes of all levels often underestimate the importance of stretching. But frequent static stretching has been found to increase vertical leap and other fast-twitch power exercises. Stretching increases range of motion (flexibility), which allows for further activation of muscle groups. Too much flexibility won't help power, but a solid stretching routine will help vert [1]. Those who think stretching is for yogis… might get dunked on by a yogi.

Read Full Article.
Hi everyone, since we are talking about verticals, check out my dunk video 2013 preview!!!

I am 18 and I would like some feedback Wink --------------> http://youtu.be/Q_h1S5oLucg
http://youtu.be/Q_h1S5oLucg

I am 18 and this is my preview Smile
Quote:Hey I'm new here and I'm 5'11'' as well. Currently I can grab the rim with 2 hands with a 2-foot approach.

Are you currently doing any strength training program? plyometric exercises? Also check if your approach and technique is good. A video would be nice Smile

Hello there is a site with a video on it about increasing your vertical. There are some tips that will help, it sure has helped me.

Click here for the video

Hope this helps. Let us know your progress
Sandhills is where its at! Do some interval sprints up there for a few months.

Kelowna Basketball Training
Gini Basketball
thepiratebays.se I have no idea of it
I found some useful imformation for you.
http://basketballtipsandtricks.com/
I began to do some exercise with the guidance of the course and it did work. What's more, I will appreciate if anyone could find any useful videos.
Dunking is one of the best feeling a player can have or anyone matter of fact. There are programs out there that are really good and some that are really really bad. I bought one that I will recommend forever. It increased my vertical by 9 inches. I had a 26 inch vertical at the time I started the program and ended up with a 35 inch vertical by the end. This program has everything from perfecting jumping technique to nutrition to the exact workout plan. I found a nice review for you if you want to check it out. https://basketballmentality.com/vert-shock-review/
The best thing is that the program requires no weights and it is only 8 weeks long. Get this program and you will be dunking in no time.
I will be honest with you that if a program is free then it is not very good and you have a high chance of getting injured. When you get injured that will really make you take a few steps back and can take awhile to get back where you were. I know a program that is a beast of all beast when it comes to jump training programs. I did it personally and gained about 10" inches. I had a friend who gained 14" inches. we love going to the park and try dunking on people. The program that we did was Vert Shock and it is on $67, which is cheaper than most shoes. I can leave a review that i found https://basketballmentality.com/vert-shock-review/ Hopefully this helps, i recommend trying to get a free program because they are safer and you will get results.
Well since you can already touch the rim, that means you're pretty close to dunking, and likely need just a few more inches to seal the deal.

One way you can go about it is simply to maximize your vertical through some standard jump training, such as with plyometric and weight training exercises. Not sure how much you've used either of these types of exercises, but I can bet you've used both to some degree, considering your vertical seems already kinda high. I can't really vouch for how much you'll benefit from just creating your training regimen, since your current approach (which is likely to just bootstrap it) so far doesn't seem to be working.

I'd personally recommend looking into getting a jump program of some sort to help you get those few inches. First, read up on how to jump training works to actually tell good programs apart from bad ones. Then read a few reviews to get an idea of which program to aim for. Two programs that seem relatively good in terms of the results they get and the time it takes to complete them is Vert Shock and The Jump Manual, at least going by what most in the vertical jump community say.

Again, read multiple sources to gauge which is going to be the better option for you (here's a good article you can check out that compares the two. Aside from that, I'd recommend that you actually spend time practicing and sharpening your dunking technique. You might not think this is important, but a guy like Jordan Kilganon, a professional dunker, has actually done much the same thing. He would practice on a shorter rim to focus strictly on his technique and later moved on to regulation height rims. 

So if you feel there's something you can do to improve your technique, by all means, go for you. You can refer to this page on learning how to dunk to see if there are any tips or pieces of advice you can implement.