TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Talented players in the Ex-Yugo Republics and the Balkans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think it would be interesting to discuss the future stars of the region, so I'm looking forward to hearing what you think. I can start with Nikola Ivanovic from Montenegro. He is 16-years of age and plays for KK Mornar Bar, as in the Balkan League he averages 11.2 points, 2.8 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 1.8 steals in 25.5 minutes. However the more interesting part is that he was one of the top players for Montenegro in the U16 Division A European Champ last summer - his stats for 9 games were 22.8 points, 5.6 rebounds, 5.0 assists and 3.1 steals in 36.0 minutes per game along with 3.1 turnovers. He is a 190-cm tall point guard with long arms and he can develop into something good if he keeps progressing.

[Image: %7B0C3A7992-FDF6-4A8E-B983-03AEB87B95D4%7Dflexible.jpg]
Quote:I think it would be interesting to discuss the future stars of the region, so I'm looking forward to hearing what you think. I can start with Nikola Ivanovic from Montenegro. He is 16-years of age and plays for KK Mornar Bar, as in the Balkan League he averages 11.2 points, 2.8 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 1.8 steals in 25.5 minutes. However the more interesting part is that he was one of the top players for Montenegro in the U16 Division A European Champ last summer - his stats for 9 games were 22.8 points, 5.6 rebounds, 5.0 assists and 3.1 steals in 36.0 minutes per game along with 3.1 turnovers. He is a 190-cm tall point guard with long arms and he can develop into something good if he keeps progressing.

[Image: %7B0C3A7992-FDF6-4A8E-B983-03AEB87B95D4%7Dflexible.jpg]

I've seen him play twice with the youth NT and he played very good. I believe he can become a very good point guard in the future. But for his age he already is a very good player. If he keeps developing I think that he'll play for a big club in the future and he will be a star at the NT
his body looks like a young roko ukic
Akademix17 if you had to compare Nikola Ivanovic with a player which would it be?
Can you tell us some things about Zahariev? Is he still a Euroleague level prospect?
Maybe he is similar to Roko Leni Ukic yes, or if he develops he can be something like Igor Milosevic and Milos Teodosic.

@Black Urum: Zahariev is still a Euroleague level prospect, he just needs to work on his free-throw shooting and his consistency, he is really talented and has the size and skill for being a good combo guard. So far in the Bulgarian League he averages 12.4 points, 4.8 rebounds, 4.1 assists, 2.0 steals and 3.1 TO in 30.8 minutes per game. His shooting 42% for 2 points and 54% from the charity stripe.
Good. I'm following him since Panathinaikos got first-buy option on him. He works out with Panathinaikos every summer. Hope he makes the team at some point.
Here's one more talent... he's from Bulgaria and currently plays for Overgas Sofia. The name is Deyan Karamfilov and he also played at the 2010 U16 Division A Euro Champ where he led the competition in assists. For 8 games in the Euro he averaged 11.9 points, 5.0 rebounds, 5.9 assists and 3.0 steals but also 5.0 TO. However he's just 17, he is a bit undersized for a PG, 1.80, but he's really talented and skilled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7PoCcLAZ5A

In the U20 league in Bulgaria he averages 11.0 points, 2.0 rebounds, 5.1 assists, 2.9 TO and 3.3 steals in 27 minutes per game, along with 60% for 2 points, 42% for 3 and 91% from the FT.

And another Bulgarian, named George Funtarov, he's born in 1993 and is 200cm/6'7''. He grew up with Lukoil Academic in Bulgaria, but now is in his first year in the US, playing for Free State High School in Lawrence, Kansas. Really athletic and long, hard working, just needs to improve his shooting and put some weight on. He can definitely develop into a NCAA D1 prospect if he keeps doing his thing.

[Image: 160r4ib.jpg]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i5aGHxCkcA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNolwnvCl...re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx3Cm6owE5s&NR=1
Hi!

I'm presenting you Dino Butorac, probably the best young basketball player in Croatia...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCyt2h_0FIg
Sir_Charles, what about Dario Saric, I thought he was considered the biggest prospect in Croatia
Many people in Croatia think Dario Saric is the most talented young player in Europe...Others believe in Bojan Bogdanovic...but my opinion is that Dino Butorac will be the next Croatian NBA player...
Well only time will show about that. I also think that Zubcic, Delas and Radosevic are also pretty talented.
Yes...I agree with you...don't forget on Ivan Batur and Tony Prostran...
zubcic no way
Zubcic is a great talent and when he keeps developing he will be come a very good player
Nemanja Nedovic from Red Star is talent he has 10 points per game in Adriatic League.
Quote:Zubcic is a great talent and when he keeps developing he will be come a very good player

he may become a good player. but i think radosevic and delas will be better
Quote:he may become a good player. but i think radosevic and delas will be better

I don't think Delas will become better than Zubcic...
Delas will be a very good player but I think Zubcic will become a better player if he keeps developing well
Quote:Many people in Croatia think Dario Saric is the most talented young player in Europe...Others believe in Bojan Bogdanovic...but my opinion is that Dino Butorac will be the next Croatian NBA player...

Dario Saric is a extremely talented player and he'll become a very good player in Europe and the NBA. the same goes for Dino Butorac. They will be the stars of Croatian basketball in a couple of years. Mario Hezonja is also an extremely talented player. He'll also be a very good player in the future.

I haven't seen as much games of Butorac as I have seen of Saric but I think Saric will be a better player. Butorac is older and he's a very good player for his age. But if you see Saric play against guys that are much older than him he's still one of the best.

Butorac at the moment has the advantage that he's older and has more "experience". But all three guys(Saric, Butorac and Hezonja) will be the stars in the future
Pages: 1 2