TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Fab 5 30 for 30 ESPN Movie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
GREAT movie! Kinda salty because Chris Webber didn't appear in it. Ya'll think he's still dealing with the time out hoopla or from a legal aspect? In case ya'll missed it you can check it out here:

http://www.willmakebeatsforfood.com/2011...-spot.html
The reason C Web wasn't in it is because he and Jalen Rose still have some serious beef. Jalen Rose was the producer of the documentary so Chris was no where to be found. That whole "Uncle Tom" thing kinda got me. Not because of racial implications or anything like that, but it's just so off base. He never hated Duke because they recruited "Uncle Tom's," he hated Duke because they were awesome. I hate Duke, but just like everyone else, I really only hate them because they're a threat every year. I'm from Chapel Hill and I have no ill will towards NC State or Wake Forest because they don't have the chance to make a run year after year. It's the same thing with Jalen... If he hated "Uncle Tom's" did he despise the numerous black players who compete for Princeton or Stanford? NO, why because they never, ever, win National Championships.
3pointgod I agree mam my family is from Raliegh the only reason they(Fab 5) hate duke is because Duke wins consistently. I was glad when they(Duke) lost tonight lol also I believe Jalen was talking about the past. Obviously he is mature now. I don't understand what beef/disputes he has with Chris Webber. I never heard about that. I hope the Tar Heels make it go the final 4! Go Heels!
Oh man that Duke/Arizona game was brutal for me. I hate Duke at the same level I hate the Yankees, but I go to Arizona State so I couldn't root for UA. At least I knew that at the end of the game one of those two teams would be out. It was like in 2001 when they played in the National Championship.
[quote name='3pointgod' timestamp='1301517245' post='29988']

Oh man that Duke/Arizona game was brutal for me. I hate Duke at the same level I hate the Yankees, but I go to Arizona State so I couldn't root for UA. At least I knew that at the end of the game one of those two teams would be out. It was like in 2001 when they played in the National Championship.

[/quote]

Yeah you either hate Duke or love'em. I'm from back east but I got to the University of Oklahoma. I'm happy to see Blake griffin tearing up the NBA this year! Well stick around there aren't very many Americans USA or other in these forums. Peace!