TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Pianigiani vs Pascual
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Simone Pianigiani and Xavier Pascual are perhaps the most telented young coaches in Euroleague and both have already achieve great things with Siena and Barcelona respectively.

Who of these two great coaches get your vote as the better one?!?!
Pascual has won ACB and Euroleague already, two of the hardest leagues...

Pianingiani is dominating Italy for years, but with inferior competition... so I'll go with Pascual, for now...
Pascual has done that with almost unlimited budget and unbelievable roster while Piangiani is much more limited compared to him, sure you can't compare the achievment but just as much as you can't compare the tools they have in their hands.

I voted for Piangiani, maybe my 'love' to Barca affected me buy tbh I still think he's better then Pascual. Also to make your guys come back from 50 points loss to beat the same team 3 times in a row when the opposite has a better team you need to be pretty good I believe.

Of course what Pascual has done can't be taken as granted as huge budgets don't promise success (you can ask the team Piangiani kicked off the competition) but I think his real test will be to build a successful team with.. A reasonable budget.
MaccabiTA Wrote:Pascual has done that with almost unlimited budget and unbelievable roster while Piangiani is much more limited compared to him, sure you can't compare the achievment but just as much as you can't compare the tools they have in their hands.

I voted for Piangiani, maybe my 'love' to Barca affected me buy tbh I still think he's better then Pascual. Also to make your guys come back from 50 points loss to beat the same team 3 times in a row when the opposite has a better team you need to be pretty good I believe.

Of course what Pascual has done can't be taken as granted as huge budgets don't promise success (you can ask the team Piangiani kicked off the competition) but I think his real test will be to build a successful team with.. A reasonable budget.

I totally agree with you!! Thup
For me Simone Pianigiani is great coach.
Based upon results purely, Pascual is on top, but there are the differing factors that have been already mentioned as to what each coach has available to work with. It's hard to establish exactly how two high profile coaches are 'better' than one another when so many variables exist that govern a team's success each season.
Quote:Based upon results purely, Pascual is on top, but there are the differing factors that have been already mentioned as to what each coach has available to work with. It's hard to establish exactly how two high profile coaches are 'better' than one another when so many variables exist that govern a team's success each season.

I agree with this staement. I still choose Simone Pianigiani because his last name sounds like an Italian food dish and I'm hungry. It's lunch time here. So Pianigiani for the win! Thup Tongue