TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: If The Lakers Beat The Rockets - Spurs Vs Lakers in the 1st round
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
But if the Lakers lose and Utah wins.. Lakers will be out of the Playoffs?

Discuss...
Lakers beating the Rockets would be THE best scenario for any basketball fan apart from Utah Jazz fans!

With Lakers winning this game, they avoid the Thunder and they play the Spurs whom for sure prefer over the young guns of OKC. I'm not sure if Rockets fans would love this scenario but it's pretty much the same thing as I'm pretty sure that whether they play San Antonio or OKC, they're still a first round exit.

So, with that result, you got...

A big headline with James Harden going up against his former team against whom, in the last game, he scored his career high and you also got the two "old" teams at the Spurs and the Lakers battling for the WCSF ticket! With Kobe out, it should be interesting to see what they can do with Nash (when he comes back) running the show on offense. They'll have a better flow on the offense, Nash will reward the bigs (Howard, Gasol) and yeah, it should be fun!

Anyway, no matter the matchups, I think that the Thunder and the Spurs will advance and I actually think that they'll meet in the Finals of the conference. If the Spurs are healthy (Parker nearing 100% and Manu getting healthy), I got them going all the way actually. Yeah, beating the Heat. If the Thunder make it to the Finals, I don't see how they can beat the Heat. They just don't matchup well. Add also the fact that they lost Harden - a guy who can create his shot (and can create for others too) much better than Martin.

As you can see, I consider the Heat a lock to come out of the East. With the Bulls reminding a hospital, I don't see anyone having great chances at taking them down.

Chicago Bulls for 2014 champs though! Book it!