TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: 2011/12 Panathinaikos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So Fotsis, Bogris out... the budget could be reduced to down to 10m euros.

The team will call almost all players to renegotiate their contracts to reduce their salaries. Especially Sato, Nicholas, Maric and Tepic. If they don't accept, they will be most likely released.

Also Tsartsaris and Perperoglou who contracts expired will get an offer for around 50% of what they had so far.

The team will play a friendly game in a KK Zagreb event and maybe in the Munich Cup 2011.
When you're saying 10M you mean the whole budget or just player salaries?
Although they didn't clarify I guess it's just salaries cause according to updated figures PAO had 11m euros income last season, so I think they can add a few more and that makes 10m for salaries...
They will be +1 million every year...Partizan is far away from that.
NOW IT IS TIME FOR GREEN FANS TO SHOW WHAT THEY ARE MADE OF.DO THEY LIKE BASKET OR THEY LIKE ONLY WINNING IN BASKETBALL?I DONT BELIEVE WE ARE GOING TO BE VERY STRONG THIS YEAR AND I FEAR THAT NEXT YEAR WHEN THE BROTHERS LEAVE WE WILL HAVE EVEN LESS BUDGET.SO THERE IS ONLY ONE ROAD IF WE LIKE TO STAY IN THE TOP LEVEL:WE MUST CHOOSE THE <<PARTIZAN>> MODEL.EVERY YEAR A PEKOVIC OR A TRIPKOVIC MUST BE PRODUCED AND MAYBE SOLD.

FOR INSTANCE MAYBE WE SHOULD LOOSE INTENTIONALLY MORE BIG CONTRACTS THIS YEAR AND GIVE ROOM TO THE YOUNG.

EX.

1)ROMAIN SATO (1.7M EUROS)CAN BE SUBSTITUTED PARTIALLY FROM PERPEROGLOU AND PARTIALY FROM LINOS CHRYSICOPOYLOS (2.06 SF 1992) AND PAT CALATHES (2,06 SF 1985).SO WITH LESS MONEY WE WILL HAVE 2 SF WITH FUTURE ALONGSIDE PERPEROGLOU

2)MILENKO TEPIC.OBRADOVIC MAY HAVE RIGHT WHO WANTS HIM IN THE TEAM BUT IF HE WONT ACCEPT A BIG SALARY REDUCTION AND EXTENSION FOR 2-3 YEARS ITS BETTER TO LEAVE US AND TAKE EVANGELOS MANTZARIS (1.96 G 1990) IN HIS PLACE OR NIKOS PAPPAS (1.93 G 1990) TO STRENGTHEN OUR NATIVE BASIS OF PLAYERS.

3)I KNOW YOU WILL DISAGREE BUT MIKE BATIST (1.5M).HE IS A LEGEND AND I LOVE HIM BUT HE IS 35 YEARS OLD AND WE MUST TRY TO FIND A SUCCESSOR AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.VOUGIOUKAS AND MARIC CAN FILL THE CENTER POSITION EVEN THOUGH THEY CANNOT SCORE LIKE MIKE.THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT I DONT THINK THAT THERE IS MUCH TALENT IN THE CENTER POSITION IN GREECE SO WE MUST LOOK IN OTER MARKETS.IF I HAD TO CHOOSE ONE PROSPECT FOR MY TEAM I WOULD PREFER KYPRIANOS MARAGKOS WHO LEFT FOR USA COLLEGE BASKETBALL

ETC.

TO SUMMARIZE ITS HIGH TIME WE ADMIT THAT OUR IMMEDIATE PRESENT WONT BE AS SUCCESFUL AS THE PAST AND PLAN FOR THE FUTURE.WE MUST SELL THAT IDEA TO THE FANS SO THEY DONT LOOSE THEIR MORAL.IF WE DONT FILL OUR TEAM NOW WITH YOUNG TALENTED PLAYERS WE WILL LOOSE OUR FUTURE...
Man stop with CAPS LOCK...Use regular font..
Panathinaikos will play in a tournament in Istanbul with Fenerbahce Ulker, Anadolu Efes and Olympiacos in early October.

Also in the tradition Gomelsky tournament in Moscow... with CSKA and others.
Patrick Kalathis to PAO. Good move I think, I'm sure big brother is longing to prove himself in a massive team like PAO.
Black Urum is it true that PAO wants to bring in Markieff Morris? If it's true, do you know who the talks between the club and the player are going? Do you think that he could help PAO?
It's true. But only on PAO terms... no NBA out and less money.
Quote:It's true. But only on PAO terms... no NBA out and less money.

I don't think that Morris will sign a contract without a NBA out clausule. Unless he think that there won't a NBA season this year
September 24-25: annual Gomelsky Cup in Moscow

CSKA Moscow
Panathinaikos
Zalgiris
Fenerbahce

Also, there will be a Radnicki-Panathinaikos game in September.
Quote:Also, there will be a Radnicki-Panathinaikos game in September

Where will play?
Quote:Where will play?

Wherever in hell Radnicki is playing?
They play in Kragujevac.Arena capacity is about 4.000 seats.
Fragiskos Alvertis out of PAO after 22 years!!!!!!!!!

He spent 19 years in our team as a player(1990-2009) winning all 6 european titles with PAO and in total he won 25 titles!!! Blink Thup

In 2009 PAO retired his number ("4")-NBA style- to honor him! Thup

He's also in Euroleague's 35 greatest players list! Thup Thup Thup

The reason Alvertis left the team is that he was asked for an 80%(!!!) reduce of his income.

I just can't understand what they were thinking. You can't do this to Alvertis, come on...

Goodbye captain!!! Wink Thup
It's not like he needed the money anyway...

I think there's something more to just the money. I was reading about a bad fight he had with Obradovic during one of the Barcelona matches?
Quote:It's not like he needed the money anyway...

I think there's something more to just the money. I was reading about a bad fight he had with Obradovic during one of the Barcelona matches?

I've never heard of that! Blink

I read that the 80% reduce was another way for the team to tell him to leave. Thudown

That's may be true but I can't understand why? Huh
The fight did occur, in the first years of Zeljko in the team... but I wouldn't rule out more fights...
Alvertis back to PAO...after 1 day of absence!!!

PAO and "Fragi" will go on together, there is no details though about the agreement. Thup

The thing is that the captain will be on the ship!!! Thup Thup Thup
Pages: 1 2 3