TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Arvydas Sabonis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
He has made it to NBA Hall of Fame

Arvydas Sabonis deserved his place in the Hall of Fame. He's one of the best European players that has ever played the game and he's the best European Center that ever has played the game. I saw him only at the end of his playingdays but he was still one of the best. And when I see the highlights of him when he was at his top, I believe that he would have been one of the best players in the NBA if he could have played when he was in his prime. Maybe he would have been the best center in league. Players like Sabonis where born to early. If he would a young player right now, he would be the best ever
'Miracle of nature' being Sabonis's known nickname, this man should be an idol for every center player to aspire to. Amazing brain, shooting, passing, and DRIBBLING for a man of his amazing height. A real shame that his son sucks, but I guess the pressure to live up to his father's name was too much to handle Tongue
Which son? He has 3 Biggrin and the youngest one seems to be pretty good, he plays as PF right now, takes boards very well and this summer won Olympic festival together with unofficial Lithuanian U-15 team. Smile
^ Dunno? The one that plays in Spain? First or second category? Tongue
Apparently he suffered a heart attack and is now hospitalised. Huh
Seems like he'll be OK!
Shocking. He's only 46 years old Oo oO
During Eurobasket my family and I were talking about how we couldn't believe how young he was given how slow and unagile he was moving around. Hopefully he'll be alright.
Well he does have the excuse of being 2.20 Tongue He must have to work hard to keep himself going, it's not like he can age disgracefully and just be alright with a pot belly like many middle-aged men. Tall men have inherent problems with knees, ankles, and joints in general, especially when you get older. I'm 20 cm shorter than Sabas and I can feel 'em a bit here and there Crazy Rofl3

I guess the heart attack was because he overdid it? But then again the news say that he's always had stable health, so this is definitely a surprise.
Most likely it's because stress and lack of normal, healthy rest/activity. Eurobasket's ambassador, HOF, trips and so on...
He was a super-human, unfortunately, rarely do they have normal middle and late ages.
I hope he get recovered Wink
Me made a statement from the intensive care bed for all not to be worried and that he'll be in good health for many, many years to come Smile
Sabas turned 50 on December 19.