TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: AEK's future in the A2 league looking unlikely
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With the mess that AEK is in financial and in terms of organization, they haven't got their papers and certificates/requirements in order to take part in the A2 league... seems like the team will fall into the B' National league. This IS a sensational turn of events for one of Greece's historic basketball teams Blink
Good riddance.
Too bad.Some historic teams goes in league where is amateur level of basketball.Like Split and others... Thudown
AEK BC is another Greek tragedy. With the economic crisis at its peak, and the fact that they can't even pay a janitor's wage, the club is bordering extinction from the professional divisions. Yea, a pity for a club of history, and the first ever Greek club to make a final four many many decades ago. Cool
What's up with AEK lately ? I always knew 'em as the 3rd best sports club in Greece but i guess i was wrong, how could an economic crisis hit a club so hard ?
(Feb 10, 2012, 9:19 pm)delante Wrote: [ -> ]What's up with AEK lately ? I always knew 'em as the 3rd best sports club in Greece but i guess i was wrong, how could an economic crisis hit a club so hard ?

Because no one really cares about basketball(income<<<OUTCOME). Thudown

There are exceptions though.
(Feb 10, 2012, 9:19 pm)delante Wrote: [ -> ]What's up with AEK lately ? I always knew 'em as the 3rd best sports club in Greece but i guess i was wrong, how could an economic crisis hit a club so hard ?

Third best? Not even close...

Titles and fame wise it goes something like this:

1. Panathinaikos
2. Aris
3. Olympiacos
4. PAOK
5. AEK

Anyway they are in second division now and I don't see them going up anytime soon.
(Feb 11, 2012, 8:29 pm)BlackĀ Urum Wrote: [ -> ]Third best? Not even close...

Titles and fame wise it goes something like this:

1. Panathinaikos
2. Aris
3. Olympiacos
4. PAOK
5. AEK

Anyway they are in second division now and I don't see them going up anytime soon.

He said, third best SPORTS club, not basketball club.