TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: paralympics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Was wondering if you've read about disabled people who play basketball? What do you think of it? Do you find it fun to watch or just pathetic?
(Nov 7, 2017, 7:17 am)Iparteamper Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Was wondering if you've read about disabled people who play basketball? What do you think of it? Do you find it fun to watch or just pathetic?

I have watched people playing basketball or doing other sport and admire them because despite of theirĀ  disability they manage to strive to live a normal life.
I agree, truly inspiring and humbling, right? I began my journey of knowing more about disabled basketball players when I had a session of online therapy a few days ago. I was reading this https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/chat/w...p-me-cope/ and I found the chance to join a chat room and they (George and Justin) messaged me. They told me their stories and until now I am in awe.

How can we complain about all our capacities and abilities, and here they are, moving and playing as if they didn't feel any lack? Amazing.
I remember a quote that says "My ability is stronger than my disability"