TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Quarter Final 2: Lithuania vs FYROM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wednesday 14/09, 21:00 local
It's time to end up FYROM dreams Baby
Ok, it's for sure that FYROM will lose but they only have to do something they already done once, in order to participate in the pre-Olympc tournament... beat Slovenia. Crazy
Quote:Ok, it's for sure that FYROM will lose but they only have to do something they already done once, in order to participate in the pre-Olympc tournament... beat Slovenia. Crazy

The Republic of FYROM has reached the end of the line. Lithuania by 15+.. Game over.. Drinks
As stefans said, it's time to end the dream FYROM are living right now.. They (and by they I mean mainly Bo) had an amazing tournament but Lithuania, especially with the home crowd behind them, should be too much
Skopjan lamb to the slaughter!
Well, everybody was killing FYROM from the begining of the tournament but..they still are alive! They already done more than ANYONE could imagine. So, I think they will be out of preasure, if they lose nobody blame them for that. And lithuanians will be on a great preasure with a 15thousands shoutng and 3mln expecting them to pass FYROM with ease. FYROM will try to kill Lithuania with their defence but if Lithuania could put the emotions away and play their fast basketball, thay are the clear winners... MACEDONIA-LITHUANIA 30/70
Lithuania but I support FYROM , because they play well , Lüthuania doesn't play well they just have better players.
Lietuva! Liths got this by +15 or more. Liths are just too talented, skilled and deep. Still one can't totally count out FYROM. It seems when FYROM plays supposed superior opponents those opponents have "bad games". I don't think Lietuva will have a "bad game" but stranger things have happened....
Lithuania is a strange place. I arrived yesterday expecting this basketball crazy country who happens to be playing host to this year's Eurobasket to be all basketball all the time on tv.

Whilst every channel is showing all kinds of insignificant crap like interviews with Spain's coach, Serbia's coach, Finnish players and drunk Lithuanian fans what I couldn't find was the actual games! Apparently TV3 and Viasat 1 are sharing coverage rights. TV3 picks up the Lithuanian games while Viasat 1 gets the rest. The only problem is that Viasat 1 supposedly went bankrupt. Meaning that last night as Russia were playing FYROM in a game that directly impacted Lithuania, I couldn't even get a score update.

Hopefully they'll get this sorted by the quarterfinals. At least I've been able to pick up a bunch of unnecessary Lithuanian stuff at the grocery stores. Ill post my experience from Kaunas after tomorrow's games. Apparently we could sell our tickets for 10 times their value but that would defeat the purpose. Hopefully Lithuania makes it worth it for us!
It's interesting that this is the only unanimous decision on the board right now. I think that we are not giving FYROM enough credit because, let's face it, going into this tournament none of us thought that they would be here. They have been great so far, with only an overtime loss and last second shot loss. Lithuania has home court advantage (ask the Turks about the value of home court) and clearly a deeper team but it is not unthinkable that FYROM could squeek past the hosts.
Quote:It's interesting that this is the only unanimous decision on the board right now. I think that we are not giving FYROM enough credit because, let's face it, going into this tournament none of us thought that they would be here. They have been great so far, with only an overtime loss and last second shot loss. Lithuania has home court advantage (ask the Turks about the value of home court) and clearly a deeper team but it is not unthinkable that FYROM could squeek past the hosts.

Against the republic of FYROM, Lithuania should basically step on them. The FYROMIANS are a flash in the pan, which will never be repeated again. If Lithuania can't defeat this team, they don't deserve to be in this tournament. I heard MacCalebb was promised a herd of goats, if he performs!! Laugh
Quote:I heard MacCalebb was promised a herd of goats, if he performs!! Laugh

That's more likely more than Greece can give their players, seeing as you guys are bankrupt!!! Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin
Quote:That's more likely more than Greece can give their players, seeing as you guys are bankrupt!!! Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin

McCalebb with make feta of those goats' milk and loan it to Greece.
Spotted: 3 FYROM fans in Kaunas! We will see if anybody joins them its solid green with a hanfdul of slovenian and spanish colors mixed in.
I'm sick and tired of McCalebb. Angry Angry Angry

For real, FYROM is just McCalebb and co. Thudown
Lithuania has one problem, only one...its rebounds, especially defencive. Love when they play that fast basketball!
I guess Liths are having a "bad game"...
LOL Lithuania, they actually lost
Ok, that was an UPSET. Ohmy

FYROM in final four?!! Ohmy Ohmy Ohmy

I can't imagine FYROM winning a medal!

Of course the maximum will be the bronze(they play Spain in semis) but I think they wouldn't say no!

Lithouania just had to stop McCalebb... Bag
Pages: 1 2