TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Quarter Final 3: France vs Greece
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thursday 15/09, 18:00 local
I vote for Greece.French blacks has now got balls after only one lose Rofl3 So i will love to see tradition continues(France with no medal) Thup
I know it's a tough one but I'm pretty sure that our guys will give their 101% and will be extremely passionate!!!

I think that if we do what we do best which is tough defense, we have good chances of qualifing!!

Also, a key factor will be rebounds.

The match-up defense we play is allowing many times to the opponents grabbing a great amount of offensive rebounds! Just block-out guys!!! Wink Tongue'
IMO, France taking this. Parker looks fresh as never and Noach is physical that I'm not sure Greece's frontline will handle him. Greece is good in this tournament though and everything might happen specially knowing France ability to lose important games, but somehow I'm feeling Parker won't let go this time.
Quote:IMO, France taking this. Parker looks fresh as never and Noach is physical that I'm not sure Greece's frontline will handle him. Greece is good in this tournament though and everything might happen specially knowing France ability to lose important games, but somehow I'm feeling Parker won't let go this time.

Seriously, Hellas hasn't played to expectations the entire tournament. We've had major lapses in many games, confusion, lack of focus and concentration. Rebounding weather offencive or defensive has been poor, 3 point shooting has been poor, Ft's have been poor in some games, defense has lacked in some games and the list goes on. But!! We've reached the QF's for one and one reason only. The fact that we know how to play basketball, and the fact that we can pick up the pieces, and show some flashes of brilliance, though far and few between.

The QF with France will be close. It will be close 'ONLY' if we concentrate for the whole 40 minutes and we don't deviate from our plan. Our lack of inexperience doesn't help the situation either. If we can grind it out, and nullify the Parkers and Noahs, I think this talented 'B' team has a chance to climb the ladder. France has played well during the whole tournamnet, bar Spain's 30 point drubbing, and we all know why they chose to follow that path. I'm giving the 'KISS OF DEATH' to France with 55-45 probability against Hellas. Cheers!!
Tony and his guys are serious this time, they look much more focused than past tournaments and play better as a team, I think they're gonna win this one.
Quote:Tony and his guys are serious this time, they look much more focused than past tournaments and play better as a team, I think they're gonna win this one.

Fear of the Greeks!!! Laugh Crazy Thup
Quote:Fear of the Greeks!!! Laugh Crazy Thup

... even when bearing gifts Cool

On paper, France has this game. However they haven't proved to be a consistent team, with other years too Parker and co. seeming determined, but when push came to shove, they just got schooled. I really hope this is the case this time round as well.

France will have to prove its superiority pragmatically, on the court.
I really think Greece do have a chance. If they play extremely tough defence in the paint. France is not very good shooters from distance. Anyway its quarterfinals and anything could happen...

I still think France is the better team, but I hope Greece will take this game
France will be the winner unless Bourisis plays extra or Greece shoots like Slovenia match. Parker is a great player and with Noah they are a complete team. France is passionate this time , they will win. No offense people, man can't see well about their team.
it should be an interesting game. i can see Greece taking this one if they play great defense.

Hopefully France won't disappoint this time and play up to the expectations
Damn, I miss the times(even though is not too old memories!) that Greece was the favorite in 99% of the games. Sad

Hopefully, this year is just an exception!!! Smile
Gonna be great game no doubt. %50 imo....
France's most important drawbacks in my opinion are the lack of capable 3 point shooters(except De Colo) and the lack of inside scoring in terms of personal talent of a player.

Noah is great in everything related to defense but he's weak on the other end of the floor. Bag

As I saw in the game against Spain though, Traore got some great moves in the paint. I don't know, we'll see!! Wink

If Bourousis and especially Koufos play tough defense in the paint(they are very much capable of doing this) France's big men will struggle a lot.

On the other hand though, at the same time he have to prevent open shots.

The most important thing in this matchup, I think will be the boards! Thup

The team that will control the boards will have the best chances of winning!!

Zouros uses matchup zones a lot. Such a defense can be very effective against a team like France(Parker & the others). If you stop Parker(I know it's difficult Wink ) you stop the rest of the team in some way. You stop their brain!! Cool

The disadvantage of a matchup zone(or whatever zone, in my opinion) is the rebounds.

Block out I think is more difficult than it would be in a man to man defense, so the opponents can grab many more boards than they should allowed to.

Just look at the game of Greece against Russia and you'll see what I'm talking about!!!

We have 3 days to prepare ourselfs(players and staff) and that's good!!!

The most important thing in such a game though, is willingness and passion!!!

Go get 'em guys!!! Wink Biggrin Thup
Quote:France's most important drawbacks in my opinion are the lack of capable 3 point shooters(except De Colo) and the lack of inside scoring in terms of personal talent of a player.

Noah is great in everything related to defense but he's weak on the other end of the floor. Bag

As I saw in the game against Spain though, Traore got some great moves in the paint. I don't know, we'll see!! Wink

If Bourousis and especially Koufos play tough defense in the paint(they are very much capable of doing this) France's big men will struggle a lot.

On the other hand though, at the same time he have to prevent open shots.

The most important thing in this matchup, I think will be the boards! Thup

The team that will control the boards will have the best chances of winning!!

Zouros uses matchup zones a lot. Such a defense can be very effective against a team like France(Parker & the others). If you stop Parker(I know it's difficult Wink) you stop the rest of the team in some way. You stop their brain!! Cool

The disadvantage of a matchup zone(or whatever zone, in my opinion) is the rebounds.

Block out I think is more difficult than it would be in a man to man defense, so the opponents can grab many more boards than they should allowed to.

Just look at the game of Greece against Russia and you'll see what I'm talking about!!!

We have 3 days to prepare ourselfs(players and staff) and that's good!!!

The most important thing in such a game though, is willingness and passion!!!

Go get 'em guys!!! Wink Biggrin Thup

I can sign this comment, but as you say Bourusisi must paly well and Parker must be stopped (which is very hard) , still in total apart from Parker I don't think France is a trophy candidate.

The thing makes me think Greece will loose , is their Russia and FYROM matches.
My mind says France my heart says Greece. I pick FRANCE +5
This is a tough one to call. France has clearly been the superior team so far. The key in that statement is "so far."

I can easily see both Greece and Serbia waking up and facing each other in the semifinals. If that occurs, the chairs will be flying in Kaunas!
I ran into Steed Tchicamboud last night at about 11:30 at Hessburger. Thus, it is not looking good for Greece today. Don't mess with the power of Hessburger!! Smile
Peekaboo is more waterboy that actual player for the France NT. What's Hessburger?

The real key is in containing Parker this is the beginning and the end of the game. We've done it before, so we know how to do it again. In any case, the pressure is really on France because they've never managed a gold since building a formidable side that lost in the 2000 Olympic finals against the USA. We've almost reached our goal, to get one win in this or the next match for the Olympic qualifiers.
Quote:Peekaboo is more waterboy that actual player for the France NT. What's Hessburger?

The real key is in containing Parker this is the beginning and the end of the game. We've done it before, so we know how to do it again. In any case, the pressure is really on France because they've never managed a gold since building a formidable side that lost in the 2000 Olympic finals against the USA. We've almost reached our goal, to get one win in this or the next match for the Olympic qualifiers.

Besides tough defense and rebounds the key for us in the game will be the FG%! Thup

We will play without presure in contrast with France so we can have a good percentage in shots!
Pages: 1 2 3