TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Quarter Final 3: France vs Greece
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Quote:I can only laugh at the score. Fifty six points is not a good enough score for this level of basketball. Inexperience was the obvious factor. Parker and his miscreants were contained for 33 minutes. A good job, but not good enough by any means.

If we had a couple of more experienced players, we would've easily defeated the best French team in the last 15 years. They can't shoot from the arc for shit, as it was obvious today. That and too much roster rotation because of limited options available to Zouros also cost us. You don't rotate a player or players that are smoking hot.

We need to change our philosophy so as to keep up with the modern game. A more offencive game should be the objective. We also need to attain an average of 80 ppg and NO less, if we're to progress. Simply not good enough.

If we play Serbia like we did France today, we will lose again. I won't signal out any particular player, but we need a couple of more experienced players added to the roster. Around 4 or 5 players are below par for this level of competition. They put in a good effort and I can't take that away from them. We'll see... Cool

Rotation, even for our smoking hot players, was unavoidable.

The thing is that once again Zouros FORGOT his best player(in this game) Blink on the bench once again.

On the other hand though, Koufos didn't replace Bourousis deservedly.

Vasileiadis is on the team because we think he can shoot. Just one man, it was that difficult?!?! Mellow

Bramos was the protagonist at the game's turning point. Thudown That's when he fould a French guy, at the same time De Colo scored for two and Bramos' foul turned into a 3 pointer. That play changed everything.

I think it was a big mistake for Zouros to make a 10 player rotation in the most important game in the tournament(until that time!). Thudown

If we had to learn something from FYROM's win is that you can win a game even with a 6-7 player rotation. Baby

Damn Zouros. I hope you'll be awake for 40 minutes tomorrow!! Tongue
Drunk

Quote:Rotation, even for our smoking hot players, was unavoidable.

The thing is that once again Zouros FORGOT his best player(in this game) Blink on the bench once again.

On the other hand though, Koufos didn't replace Bourousis deservedly.

Vasileiadis is on the team because we think he can shoot. Just one man, it was that difficult?!?! Mellow

Bramos was the protagonist at the game's turning point. Thudown That's when he fould a French guy, at the same time De Colo scored for two and Bramos' foul turned into a 3 pointer. That play changed everything.

I think it was a big mistake for Zouros to make a 10 player rotation in the most important game in the tournament(until that time!). Thudown

If we had to learn something from FYROM's win is that you can win a game even with a 6-7 player rotation. Baby

Damn Zouros. I hope you'll be awake for 40 minutes tomorrow!! Tongue

You make some good points Theo. But, to us this was a final. And in the face of friggin adversity, you need to take risks, like it or not. You need to keep the players hammering the opposition and doing well, as well as throw in the kitchen sink on the court if necessary. We also need a match winner right now. We don't have one on this roster. Not one!!!

We need an excellent number 3 , which we don't really have, and Zizis is a good player but definitely NOT a great number 1. Calathes isn't ready to take on the playmaker role yet. Serbia will be difficult, I don't think we can beat them, but I hope they prove me wrong. Not on today's performance anyway.. Zouros needs to focus on offence and 3 point shooting as well..You saw the dissmal performance in offence today!! Drunk
Oh man don't get me started on Vasiliadis... Rolleyes

*CHOKE*
Greece-Serbia game will be very tough but I see Teoddosic completely lost his mind. If Tepic doesn't play you will win that.
Quote:Greece-Serbia game will be very tough but I see Teoddosic completely lost his mind. If Tepic doesn't play you will win that.

Said and done.
Quote:Said and done.

Happiness for you , gloating for me

Smile

Congrats. neighbour.
Pages: 1 2 3