TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Quarter Final 3: France vs Greece
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hesburger is Finland's equivaltent to McDonalds...except unlike McDonalds, Hesburger is awesome! Finland: better at basketball and burgers than anyone would think.
LOL, 'athletes' shouldn't be allowed to hang out in fast food joints! Laugh
He was wearing basketball shorts and shivering because it was bloody cold in Kaunas last night. My first thought when I saw him was "why isn't this guy wearing pants?" My second thought was "oh he's French." He also ordered a couple of value meals for himself but that's understandable because as I mentioned earlier Hesburger is awesome.
Well we're giving the French a real run for their money leading them +4 points. We're playing incredibly mature, we just have to fix up some lapses in our defending that the French are taking advantage of. I'm amazed with our 100% FT streak Crazy Bouroussis when playing with Noah under the basket has to go for the left hook more, fake and under the basket doesn't work for him because he's too slow and the French defense closes in on him easily to disrupt passing lanes or steal the ball. We should keep things up just like this and just improve our defense and we shouldn't have a problem winning this Smile
Halftime: POINTS FROM TURNOVERS: FRANCE 3 GREECE 12

WOW this is the most important stat of the game......

I have a feeling Greece will win this.
It's obvious that France is under really heavy pressure. We're not. Can't Parker do anything else except drive?
ZEUS: Everyone was waiting for the French meltdown. Well here you go! Rofl3 Rofl3 Rofl3
Because of the Lithuanian TV coverage fiasco my plan of watching basketball all night is scrapped. Ill have to wait for the highlights.
Whats the fiasco?
f*ck. We lost due to our inexperience. Some REALLY bad offensive choices in the end. Parker made things work for France by making some great jump shots, but I think Batum was instrumental in making some cluthch shots for France. At least we had France's balls nailed to wall and we played our best game so far. We only really lost down to details. Too bad, I really felt like we had this game Rolleyes
Quote:ZEUS: Everyone was waiting for the French meltdown. Well here you go! Rofl3 Rofl3 Rofl3

Batum was France's hero actually, but experience spoke once more in such clutch situations. It's really disappointing when you're in the lead for 3 quarters and then you manage to f*ck it all up and lose in the 4th Mellow
I am extremely disappointed for the lose but not from the performance. Sad

France took the first lead in the 4th quarter.

We deserved to win but you can't say the final result is unfair!

Now we have to give everything we got tomorrow because if we lose, in my opinion, the team is failed...

Congratulations to France! Wink

Parker was the MVP but Batum finished it.
wow i can't believe we finally made it! it was pretty intense!

congratulations to Greece, they deserved as much as us to win. we were lucky they could not make a shot behind the arc or we would have followed the same path as Lituania Crazy
During first three periods Greece controlled the game. They didn't let France to hasten the game and they defended Parker well. But after Bramos' unnecessary foul they started to lose their control. Then Batum and Parker knocked them out. I have to admit that Greek players did their best.
Quote:During first three periods Greece controlled the game. They didn't let France to hasten the game and they defended Parker well. But after Bramos' unnecessary foul they started to lose their control. Then Batum and Parker knocked them out. I have to admit that Greek players did their best.

Indeed! When bramos made the foul and De Colo scored(at the same time) it was the end.

It was "devastating" for players' mentality. Sad
We'll be back with a vengeance Cool
Quote:We'll be back with a vengeance Cool

If we had just one of our absent players we would win! Thup

Just one! Mellow

The thing is that if we don't win tomorrow, that vengeance will come in two years, in the best scenario for us. Sad
Too bad for Greece.It was close.Greece have future with these young players Thup
Quote:I know it's a tough one but I'm pretty sure that our guys will give their 101% and will be extremely passionate!!!

I think that if we do what we do best which is tough defense, we have good chances of qualifing!!

Also, a key factor will be rebounds.

The match-up defense we play is allowing many times to the opponents grabbing a great amount of offensive rebounds! Just block-out guys!!! Wink Tongue

I can only laugh at the score. Fifty six points is not a good enough score for this level of basketball. Inexperience was the obvious factor. Parker and his miscreants were contained for 33 minutes. A good job, but not good enough by any means.

If we had a couple of more experienced players, we would've easily defeated the best French team in the last 15 years. They can't shoot from the arc for shit, as it was obvious today. That and too much roster rotation because of limited options available to Zouros also cost us. You don't rotate a player or players that are smoking hot.

We need to change our philosophy so as to keep up with the modern game. A more offencive game should be the objective. We also need to attain an average of 80 ppg and NO less, if we're to progress. Simply not good enough.

If we play Serbia like we did France today, we will lose again. I won't signal out any particular player, but we need a couple of more experienced players added to the roster. Around 4 or 5 players are below par for this level of competition. They put in a good effort and I can't take that away from them. We'll see... Cool
If Greece plays Serbia like they played France today you'll be the favorites. I agree that Greece could use a bit more offense but as you said this is an excellent French team. Serbia was respectable against Russia but right now I think that Greece is in a better mental position than Serbia.
Pages: 1 2 3