TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Quarter Final 4: Russia vs Serbia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thursday 15/09. 21:00 local
I would love to see Serbia in semi-final.But it's going to be hard game with small numbers of points.It's not bad if we end up on 6th place Rolleyes Most important is to be on qualification for OG Thup
It will be a tough match but in the end I think Serbia will be the one smiling!
The best QF probably. Two strong teams, both are bad ass in their own way. I can't decide, 50/50 game, but I hope and think Serbia will take this one. They have Teo and that should be the key.
A very close one, but I think Russia will win this one, maybe I'm a bit biased because of Blatt Biggrin
If Russia couldn't handle FYROM, how are they going to handle (most likely) Serbia's incessant bombing from tbe arc?

With great difficulty I think.
Its the most interesting match I think. Serbia its not the kind of team we used to see last year, they are still missing something. Russia is looking pretty good. And forget yesterdays match against FYROM. Im sure russians wasn't concentrated enought and it looked like they wasn't sure do they want to win or not, during all the game. Its gonna be very interesting match... RUSSIA-SERBIA 55/45
(Sep 13, 2011, 6:52 am)Doc Wrote: [ -> ]Its the most interesting match I think. Serbia its not the kind of team we used to see last year, they are still missing something.

Novica Velickovic and Aleksandar Rasic so far. Maybe another useful 5 Biggrin

We have a good chance only if we play like against Germany and France.

With who do we cross in the semmis?
(Sep 13, 2011, 7:45 am)Led00 Wrote: [ -> ]With who do we cross in the semmis?

with France/Greece
Russia %60 , only exception is an extra Keselj and Perovic, otherwise , pick and rolls can't be enough for Serbias.
From what i've seen in this tournament, the key in this game will be teo, he's an extremely talented player but seems to lose his cool quite easily. and when it happens it's the whole team who suffers from it.

Probably the most balanced QF.
It's 50/50 to me. It depends on who has the best strategy and determination.
Serbia was very surprised me. At the second stage games they seemed mentally fragile. Mental toughness was the most important characteristic of Serbian school formerly. I still believe that they have slightly better team than Russia. If they can remember who they are, they will win. But in the current situation Russia is favourite.
I think that Serbia will get its act together and make a run at the finals. Tough consolation prize for Russia for winning the group. It reminds me of the 2004 olympics where an undefeated Spain was rewarded for winning their group with a poor performing team USA. That worked out great for the Spanish Tongue
I think Russia is more up for the task, both physically and mentally.
(Sep 13, 2011, 7:45 pm)serbian Wrote: [ -> ]Serbia was very surprised me. At the second stage games they seemed mentally fragile. Mental toughness was the most important characteristic of Serbian school formerly. I still believe that they have slightly better team than Russia. If they can remember who they are, they will win. But in the current situation Russia is favourite.

I totally agree, actually I can sign under your sentence "Mental toughness was the most important characteristic of Serbian school formerly"
I think we are going to lose in a close game. No last sec shot for us this time.
(Sep 14, 2011, 12:19 pm)RUSSUN2 Wrote: [ -> ]I think we are going to lose in a close game. No last sec shot for us this time.

Hello man!!

Welcome to Tb !!! Drinks

I think you are capable of winning!!Thup

You just need to play much better than the previous games!
I never saw a team winning the champs by not loosing any of the matches. I hope that we will end winning streak Biggrin
(Sep 14, 2011, 12:19 pm)RUSSUN2 Wrote: [ -> ]I think we are going to lose in a close game. No last sec shot for us this time.

Welcome aboard buddy Smile

We hope to see you around on the forums and give us insight and views on Russian basketball! Thup
Pages: 1 2