TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Darko Milicic loses kickboxing debut, still declares his invincibility
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:By Ben Rohrbach
December 19, 2014 10:22 AM
Ball Don't Lie

I'm going to tread lightly here, since any one of the multitude of kicks and punches Darko Milicic threw opposite fellow Serbian Radovan Radojcic would knock me the hell out, but the NBA's failed former No. 2 overall pick lost his kickboxing debut, and that presents plenty of opportunity for jokes.

Famously picked by the Pistons immediately behind LeBron James and ahead of future All-NBA players Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade in the 2003 draft, Milicic earned a bust label after playing for six teams over 10 seasons. His kickboxing career is off to a similarly inauspicious start.

As first reported by the Associated Press and later evident in video of the defeat, Milicic suffered a nasty cut on his left leg that forced officials to call the World Kickboxing Association fight in the second round. The man who once suggested he'd "kill someone on the court" if he had to couldn't do so in the ring.

While some may suggest Milicic stick to what he does best, carp fishing, he has a different take.

"The next time, it will be better," the 7-footer said, according to the AP. "I'm invincible."

We should not doubt his indomitability, since he once vowed to drive home at 80 miles per hour in a snowstorm during his short-lived Boston tenure in his final season as a professional basketball player.

Milicic, who previously pledged to donate the proceeds from the fight to charity, appeared in good spirits as he hoisted a second-place trophy following the loss. It's probably better to bite my lip here than suffer a busted one at the hands and feet of Milicic next time I find myself near a Serbian kickboxing ring.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-d...18088.html
That looks rather....I don't have the right word to say but it's always good to always some confidence in ourselves, no matter what.
So, I don't really think this situations as "so called" crazy whatnot :/