TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Q & A about basketball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Quote:It depends on personal abilities. Some players can make 360 degree dunk easily but has very poor shooting. But generally I'd say that making great dunks are the most difficult.

for me - make a very good block and to get opponet to foul in offensive
True. Somehow I forgot about defence Bag when I play basketball I make quite a few blocks.
same i've always been quite good at defence
What is the rule for basketball in regard to foul play? Are players carded in any way or are they just "sin-binned" for a few minutes? I take it they don't have red and yellow cards. Laugh
There are three sort of fouls: offensive, defensive and technical foul. Offensive foul is when your team is attacking and make a foul. If your team has 5 or more team fouls, then your opponent who was fouled goes to shoot two free-throws if the team has 4 or less team fouls then the ball is given to opponents. Defensive foul is the same. If you are make a fouled during your opponents shot then he goes to take two free-throws. If you foul him in other situation then the ball is give to your opponents unless your team has 5 or more fouls then he goes to shoot two free-throws. The third sort of fouls are technical fouls when you start swearing and shouting at the referee or just fould roughly. So if you make technical foul the your opponent goes to take two free-throws and after that the ball is still goes to their team. Player can't get more than 2 technical fouls. I hope I have explained it to you. It's very simple but whnen I have to right it it becomes harder.
So what happens if a player gets more than two technical fouls? Does he get sent to the sidelines? Huh
He must leave the court. The same happens when a player get 5 personal fouls. He must sit on the bench until the end of the game. He is fouled out.
its 6 in NBA
Here is good basketball tutorial for newbies. Click here.
Is there an english league? If so which team is closest to Hull geographically?
Quote:Is there an english league? If so which team is closest to Hull geographically?

Yes there is English league. As for teams check their official site or wait for the reply of English members Smile
I will wait for a reply from english members lol
I dont know which is closet to hull i think it a hull team

i will look though

EDIT:: the closelet team is Sheffield Arrows to Hull
No chance am i ever going to support a team from Sheffield lol
That just from the Higher League so theres probably a Hull team some where

EDIT::: i jst found them Hull Stingers
I thought they was an ice hockey team lol i didnt no there was a bsketball team well there my team now.
thankyou that was very interesting!
so which countries is this sport the most popular in?

I always think of the states of course
There are 3 countries in the world where basketball is the most popular sport - Lithuania, Lebanon and Philippines. Basketball is not the most popular sport in USA. I think it's behind American football and baseball. But the gap is not big.

In Europe other countries that have bigger interest in basketball are Serbia, Slovenia, Croatia, Greece, Spain.
its not that big in the UK is it?
Pages: 1 2 3