TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Panathinaikos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nothing much to say about this team. Won three time the Euroleague. Sent many players to NBA the best team in the newest basketball history of Greece. Probably on of the finalist of final four this year. He plays at OAKA almost 18.000 seats and last season made three in a row sold out. Some players..

[Image: paoqx7.png]
I added squad for you there <!-- sWink -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif[/img]<!-- sWink -->

Certainly one of the best team in Europe. Club management did their best to bring the team to Final Four in Athens. How is Siskauskas and Javtokas doing? Our sites report about every game but I'd like to hear from someone from Greece.
Siskauskas is playing very good at the momnet a decnt player.On the other hand Javtokas seems to have some problems settle in Greece he playes about 2 min in every game and not so good,I don't know if Obradovic wants him out or he just doesn't play good.
Hello.
[quote name='"Arkadios":84d52']Hello.[/quote]

Hi, not the best place to post this but seeing you are Panathinaikos fan it's understandable. Hopefully this wasnn't your first and last post here. Stick around.
Yeah welcome mate, Panathinaikos are a good team and I've seen them on TV a few times before, welcome <!-- s:thup: -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/thup.gif[/img]<!-- s:thup: -->
So after finishing top of the group in Euroleague 2nd group phase Obradovic had the time to prepair Panathinaikos for the Greek Cup Final on Sunday (18:00 CET) vs Rhethymno (2nd Division side).

I don't believe Rhethymno will be a worthy opponent and i expect Panathinaikos to win its 3rd Greek Cup in a row.
Panathinaikos travelled to Patra for tomorrow's match vs Apollon without Alvertis who got the flu.

Dikoudis is also doubtful while Vujanic is expected to arrive from Serbia tomorrow.
Panathinaikos arranged friendly matches for 11th and 13rd of Septemeber Vs San Antionio Spurs and Houston Rockets.

I wonder if it's gonna be affected by Eurobasket.
[quote name='"Arkadios":10b07']Panathinaikos arranged friendly matches for 11th and 13rd of Septemeber Vs San Antionio Spurs and Houston Rockets.

I wonder if it's gonna be affected by Eurobasket.[/quote]

Good for you. I think that players who will come to the club after Eurobasket might miss those matches especially if their teams go far in the competition. Will those matches be played in USA or in Europe?
In USA.
Panathinaikos also signed an agreement with Eurosport 2. More quality basketball is coming to this channel.
Current Panathinaikos layout:

Coach: Zeljko Obradovic

[Image: b5d.jpg]

Starting Lineup:

Guards: PG: Demetris Diamantides, SG: Sani Becirovic,

[Image: b5d.jpg][Image: b5d.jpg]

Front line: SF: Kennedy Winston, PF: Mike Batiste, C: Kostas Tsartsaris

[Image: b5d.jpg][Image: b5d.jpg][Image: b5d.jpg]

Substitutions:

Guards: PG: Vassilis Spanoulis, SG: Sarunas Jasikevicius

[Image: b5d.jpg][Image: b5d.jpg]

Front line: SF: Nikos Hatzivrettas, PF: Demos Dikoudes, C: Andrija Zizic

[Image: b5d.jpg][Image: b5d.jpg][Image: b5d.jpg]

Reserves:

G: Aris, Tatarounis

F: Frangiskos Alvertis, Stratos Perperoglu C: Dejan Tomasevic, Nikola Prkacin

[Image: b5d.jpg]

[Image: b5d.jpg][Image: b5d.jpg][Image: b5d.jpg][Image: b5d.jpg]
After the return of Dejan Tomasevic, it seems that Andrija Zizic will be removed from Panathinaikos roster, at least for the rest of the current season...
[quote name='"Arkadios":15yhfknk']After the return of Dejan Tomasevic, it seems that Andrija Zizic will be removed from Panathinaikos roster, at least for the rest of the current season...[/quote]

This is a shock I think for Zizic. Nah, he better had gone to TAU this summer...