TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: What Football Team Do You Support?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, what football team do use support, im a big arsenal fan and a big football fan, you?
Im a Big Man Utd fan the Prem winners IMO
Pfft, the mighty Pompey will conquor all!
Haha - Pompey ftw!

Well, I used to be a bit of an Arsenal follower but nowadays I'm more interested in the events at Heart of Midlothian.
Im not into football at all as I said in the other thread, but I tend to like Benfica, Man Utd and Barcelona.
Quote:Well, I used to be a bit of an Arsenal follower but nowadays I'm more interested in the events at Heart of Midlothian.

Ahh the Lithuanian team that doesn't actually play in Lithuania! Wink

Romanov should be hanged for crimes against football.
Quote:Ahh the Lithuanian team that doesn't actually play in Lithuania! Wink

Romanov should be hanged for crimes against football.

PAH! Some of the Lithuanians are half-decent. But a couple are an embarrassment.

At least you know of the team.

But seriously, Romanov is a bit of a nut. We'll see how things go next season. Hoprfully he will bring in those 5 or 6 quality players.

The first full season that he was involved in went really well. Then it all went horribly wrong. When Gordon goes to somewhere like Arsenal or Man U, they'll need to find a replacement - and it will take someone pretty damn good to fill his shoes.
TBH i never knew there were football teams in lithuania, i only though there was a national team that were like a builders company or something, or teachers, thats what andorra do.
Quote:TBH i never knew there were football teams in lithuania, i only though there was a national team that were like a builders company or something, or teachers, thats what andorra do.

We are bad but not that bad Biggrin We have professional teams and a league. The problem is that there are almost no football academies and those that exist are poor level. So kids are not encouraged choosing football as they don't get good conditions and the future in this sport looks very dull. With basketball being dominant sport without strong competition even less people choose football. Moreover we don't have any stars in football. If we had at least one top class player, an international star then naturally more kids would want to achieve that. Due to all these facts there aren't many companies supporting football seriously, we have crappy stadiums that are disgrace but nobody cares. At least we one sport that we are all proud of - basketball.
Personally, I'm a huge man united fan. I really do think this current team isby far the best since the Treble winning season.
I support Liverpool, but I don't follow them religiously or anything like that, i've never even seen them play Bag
Quote:I support Liverpool, but I don't follow them religiously or anything like that, i've never even seen them play Bag

I am a Heart of Midlothian fan.

And i can tell u Romanov is a lunatic. At 1st everyone thought great another Scottish team could challenge the Glasgow clubs but he has proved to not be all there mentally.

Let me tell u the 1st season he came we had Goerge Burley a well respected manager in Scotland and Britain but believe it or not after winning our 1st 15 games and top of the league, he sacked the manager.

Then there was reports that he was was picking the team himself and he hired Graham Rix who spent time in jail for under age sex with a 15 year old girl.

Then this season with a great nucleous or backbone of the team was Scottish players and guess what he sold the captain and leader to Celtic (Pressley) and sold our other best player (Hartley) to Celtic as well, then benched the rest of the Scots like the goaly Graig Gordon who many people think is going to be one of the best in Europe.

He has something like 14 Lithuanians in the squad.

Now i have nothing against the Lithuanian players but some of them are crap and to be honest and i am sure most people will agree, every team should mainly consist of players from the country the club are from. I don't mind the good Lithuanian players who can help the team but come on this is a joke.

Anyway other than that i like to follow the English clubs who have Scottish players or managers..
I support Liverpool. Always have, do and will. I have a couple of Autographs from the team to. And i am currently trying to win a Crouch signed shirt.
I support Blackpool, have done for about 5 years now, had a season ticket every season.

Hope we go up this season, we are in the play offs.
Quote:I support Blackpool, have done for about 5 years now, had a season ticket every season.

Hope we go up this season, we are in the play offs.

Blackpool...

I went on my holidays there when i was a kid...
Quote:Blackpool...

I went on my holidays there when i was a kid...

You got drunk and had sex with hookers when you were a kid?! Ohmy

Let's face it, nothing else goes on in Blackpool. Laugh
Quote:You got drunk and had sex with hookers when you were a kid?! Ohmy

There is..

Chavs walking around.

Glad I don't live in Blackpool tbh.
Quote:You got drunk and had sex with hookers when you were a kid?! Ohmy

Well i was only about 6 years old so i hope not. However yes i am sure there is plenty of stag parties and chavs as u call them.

In Edinburgh we are starting to get many stag and hen parties coming up and we have our equivelent of your chavs, which we call Neds.
My favourite football team are Red Devils. Though Sir Alex is not my favourite manager Laugh
my favorite team is galatasaray in turkey. and also i am interested in genclerbirli?i in turkish league. they reached the fourth round in uefa cup in 2004!
Pages: 1 2