TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: English Basketball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So what are the teams in this league?
Worthing Thunder

Reading Rockets

Manchester Magic

PAWS London Capitals

London Leopards

UH West Herts Warriors

Sheffield Arrows

Solent Stars

Coventry Crusaders

Tees Valley Mohawks

Kings Lynn Fury

Northampton Neptunes
There are lots. It depends what league you want . Theres the BBL the Britsh basketball League and the England BAsketball. The BBL Site go there for more info on the teams of the BBL
Well i am supporting Reading Rockets thats my team lol
Just to update

Reading Rockets

Worthing Thunder

Manchester Magic

London Leopards

Coventry Crusaders

Sheffield Arrows

Kings Lynn Fury

West Herts Warriors

Solent Stars

Derby Trailblazers

Bristol Academy Flyers

Taunton Tigers

Northampton and Tees Valley relegated

London Capital to BBL
Why don't the big football clubs create basketball teams in England? There are plenty of examples across Europe like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Panathinaikos, Olympiacos, CSKA etc. Teams like Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea could have a basketball team as well. The budget of the richest basketball tea in Europe is around $30M. But many of other Euroleague clus have the budget like $5M. So it wouldn't be too expensive for a rich football club to form a good basketball team. Of course there are costs of building arena (if there's no available in the area), creating infrastructure etc. And certainly famous names like Manchester United would attract many supporting companies and can be easy advertised. Probably the main problem is that you can't earn much from basketball because unlike UEFA where you get money for each stage completed, in Euroleague you need to pay a member's payment and also you don't get that much from the TV rights. It could be success but I guess this will never happen.
Quote:Why don't the big football clubs create basketball teams in England? There are plenty of examples across Europe like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Panathinaikos, Olympiacos, CSKA etc. Teams like Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea could have a basketball team as well. The budget of the richest basketball tea in Europe is around $30M. But many of other Euroleague clus have the budget like $5M. So it wouldn't be too expensive for a rich football club to form a good basketball team. Of course there are costs of building arena (if there's no available in the area), creating infrastructure etc. And certainly famous names like Manchester United would attract many supporting companies and can be easy advertised. Probably the main problem is that you can't earn much from basketball because unlike UEFA where you get money for each stage completed, in Euroleague you need to pay a member's payment and also you don't get that much from the TV rights. It could be success but I guess this will never happen.

Everton are associated with the Everton Tigers through their community scheme, and they are in the BBL.