TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Talented Mr Alvertis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The man who was transferred to Panathinaikos at the age of 15 while still going to High School has broken all the records in Greek sports.

Being at Panathinaikos for almost 20 years now Alvertis has won 18 titles which constitutes a new record, 18 Alvertis titles are more than all the titles Olympiakos has won alltogether in its history (17).

And all those titles were won on club competitions like Greek league, Greek Cup, Euroleague and Intercontinental Final.

[Image: alvertis.jpg]

[Image: pao_alvertis_180906_m.jpg]

[Image: 250_alvertis_koupa_nea.jpg]
Yeah he has a very good shot and hit very important shots. I remember when I hated him when Žalgiris got Panathinaikos in one group for a couple of seasons in a row and he was coming from bench and making some 3pointers Smile
A quick update on Alvertis:

He has won 3 more cups last season. That is a total of 21 Thup

And last week he made his 600th 3pointer in the Greek A1 alone... Thup Thup
Great player, loyal to his club like Andrius Šležas from Lietuvos Rytas (They are also quite similar players - both great snipers) Smile
Another update. Alvertis added yet another Greek Cup trophy to his trophy case Agree

Total of 22 Thup
He's a legend. I've been hearing his name for so long, he seems eternal. Respect!
Quote:Another update. Alvertis added yet another Greek Cup trophy to his trophy case Agree

Total of 22 Thup

Another and final update Sad

Alvertis will retire having won a record of 25 titles, all with Panathinaikos.

And as Panathinaikos officially decided his #4 will be retired for always and will be hanged in the ceiling of OAKA, alongside the banners of the about 50 domestic titles and 5 Euroleague titles.

Forever respect capitano!
The titles in the last 2 years all have asterisks by them, especially the last year. He was just on the roster to get the records. He didn't contribute anything the last 2 years.
So?
I like the idea of retiring the jerseys of important players in europe and of course alvertis deserves that.

i would also like to see the players picking their jersey number and trying to keep it if they move clubs. And the number should be anything from 00 to 99. In greece they still hold on mostly to numbers between 4 and 15.