TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Your favorite type of player?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What's your favorite type of player (position, skills, height, mentality, etc)?

My favorite type of player is a tall/very tall player, i.e., power forwards and centres, but not any. I usually like power forwards that have good mobility, can run the floor and have a decent 3-point percentage. Bargnani, who I have started to admire very much indeed, fits this description perfectly.

As for centres, I don't like a "pure" centre, I mean, a player that rebounds good enough and scores easy baskets in the low post. I tend to admire centres that can shoot from the outside with effectiveness (also 3-pointers), that have reasonable mobility and coordination and that can dish now and then. I like very tall centres. Of course an imposing presence is also important, but that's very subjective in my case, since I don't like Shaq, but I like Sofo.
That's quite an interesting question.

And personally I don't have a particular preference to any type of player, but I'd have to agree that I prefer tall players that can shoot a 3-pointer or two if left open.

Also, I prefer players who you can see working hard for the team, and are not individualists. Of course, if you have the skill then OK - you're expected to try some adventurous moves, but you get players who are too selfish and give up easy opportunities for team-mates to score by not looking up and trying something themselves.
Since I am not very tall and usually play SG or SF if there aren't very tall guys Smile my favourite player is SF or SG who has a good shot is fast can dribble the ball well. It's also a player who is emotional leader of the team. The same as Andrius I don't like selfish players. Basketball is a team play and it should be a team play. As mentioned above centers with good 3pt shooting are also the type of player I like.
I liked players who play for the team, like Diamantidis, Prigioni and others.

And of course we all love centers who shoot 3pointers and pass good, like Vujanic, he is awesome.
Quote:I liked players who play for the team, like Diamantidis, Prigioni and others.

And of course we all love centers who shoot 3pointers and pass good, like Vujanic, he is awesome.

PGs like Diamantidis are my kind of player. Vision of the floor and controlling the tempo, ability to get players the ball at the right time and of course to be able to score when required.

John Stockton for me was a fantastic basketball player..
My favourite type of player would be the Nowitzki/Bargiani type of guy. These type of players make 3's, dunks, and rebound. However, I think you need to have a big who's goin to score inside, block and rebound. The Raptors have Bosh, and the Mavs use Dampier and Diop.
Hello everybody, i am new here Unsure

I do like point guards, with great court vision, amazing passes (impossible ones), that are creative in what they are doing. I do like Papaloukas, Jasikevicius.....

cheers, erci.
Quote:Hello everybody, i am new here Unsure

I do like point guards, with great court vision, amazing passes (impossible ones), that are creative in what they are doing. I do like Papaloukas, Jasikevicius.....

cheers, erci.

Hi there. Thank you for joining. You might start introduction topic in "New members" forum and tell us more about yourself if you want. I hope you'll stick around Wink
marcus haislip and mike batiste are examples of my most favorite type of players. they have great strenght and kinda athletic. have force of scoring inside easily (especially over fool centers Smile ) on the other hand they have shooting ability at low post-high post-baseline-out of 3 point line. i remember marcus's a match against rhein energie cologne and he was amazing with 31 points 9 rebounds. i have supposed he was the word's best player ever for a while Smile
Quote:Since I am not very tall and usually play SG or SF if there aren't very tall guys Smile my favourite player is SF or SG who has a good shot is fast can dribble the ball well. It's also a player who is emotional leader of the team. The same as Andrius I don't like selfish players. Basketball is a team play and it should be a team play. As mentioned above centers with good 3pt shooting are also the type of player I like.

Agree with Vilius on this one Thup
my favorite type of player would be players like T.Kukoc, D. Bodiroga, S. Marciulionis, S.Stombergas (europe) and from america it would be Ch. Mullin. D.Marjerle, R.Harper. J.Starks.All players are no more than 2 metres just Kukoc is 2.10 cm and only Starks is so athletic. I don't like very athletic players because they just use physical force but not brains. All these players are deadly shooters and not all are snipers to shoot from 3 point zone but they are players that can shoot at any time from any where. They were players with cold nervous. It always looked that they know what to do on the floor. No stupid mistakes or running withoud point. When team needed to someone to score you can always trust on these guys. Unlikely just Harper was a player who can defense good. So my favorite type of player would be about 200 cm or 6"7 feet long. Should be a deadly shootert and always to penetrate. Don't forget the defense! So ideal type of my player would be something like S.Pippen. Cool
My favourite type of player would be one like Jose Manuel Calderon, what a great PG. Great court vision, very good passes and a very strong personality, that's one of the things that differ from other PGs.
My favourite type of player is good shooter. His position should be SG, he should be fast , have good dribbling, good pass, strong in 3-point shooting. This player should be similar to Macijauskas or Marcus Brown.
My favourite type of player is big men like masey,kasun,pekovic .ho plays more with power ,dont scare anythings .real fighters...
Very good question...

I hate 2 favorites...

1) I like tall and long SF types who can do a little bit of everything. One of my favorite Euros is Kirilenko and he fits the bill to a T. He is tall, long, can rebound, score if need, best defender in the world possibly, and passes well too.

2) I like BIG PGs. I my self played PG but am only 6ft tall and it is SO SO hard to guard BIG PGs. Especially when they have good handles and a solid post game. I think they can totally change the concept of a basketball game. They are so tall and see all over the court.
my favorite player is bobby simmons and when he was with the clippers he was everything i wanted in my favorite player

1) somebody who helps the team
2) not a standout/ famous person
3) solid but notso great
4) somebody that everybody else doesnt like
5) good shooter
6) good defender
7) never complains or whines (ie kobe)
I think the dominant center that is also skilled and really is a center and also is a low post player.

Hakeem Olajuwon
Bill Russell
Wilt Chamberlain
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Yao Ming

That's the ultimate type of player IMO.
Probably PG's like Steve Nash. The kind of player that runs the whole show, if I was playing that's where I'd like to play. They're often the most influential, passionate and better players on the court. Dominant Centre's are always good to watch, and PF's are probably my second favourite. But I'm gonna go with Point Guards.
i would like a big point guard that can maybe play sg and sf if needed bout around 6'6 or 6'7 bout 215pds and can pass dribble and shoot jumpers doesnt have to be a great three point shooter but with a littler speed though
6'4 ft 287lbs Shooting Guard very good dunker, more than avarage 3pt and with awesome crossover
Pages: 1 2