TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Slovenian League Playoff 09
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Zoran Martic who coached Zlatorog Lasko in 2006/2007 season replaced Mehmet Becirovic at Helios Domzale. Mehmet Becirovic 's contract expired and he declined to sign a new one. Zoran Martic signed with Helios Domzale for the next two seasons. In past Martic coached Union Olimpija youth selections, Geoplin Slovan, Rogla Atras, Loka Kava, Krka, BC Buducnost Podgorica (Montenegro), Deltalcon APOEL Nicosia (Cyprus) and Zlatorog Lasko.
Gasper Okorn and Union Olimpija have reached mutual agreement on breaking the contract. Gasper Okorn replaced Tomo Mahoric earlier in this season. He was also picked to be one of two assistents to Slovenian NT coach Ales Pipan during the European Championship 2007 in Spain. In the past he also worked as headcoach of Loka Kava Skofja Loka (Slovenia) and assistent coach at Lietuvos rytas Vilnius (Lithuania) to Croatian expert Neven Spahija and Slovenian Tomo Mahoric who he worked with also in the beginning of 2006/2007 season. According to various sources his successor will be Mehmet Becirovic who coached Slovenian Champions Helios Domzale in 2006/2007 season. If negotiations will go in right direction Mehmet Becirovic should sign with Union Olimpija in a week or two.
List of free agents in Slovenia:

Helios: Sasa Doncic, Smiljan Pavic, Dario Krejic, Jure Mocnik.

Union Olimpija: Dwayne Lee, Marko Rakocevic, Slavko Duscak.

Geoplin Slovan: Davor Marcelic.

Zlatorog: Zan Vrecko, Bosko Stojakovic, Terry Williams, Jack Ingram, Slobodan Ocokoljic.

Alpos Sentjur: Mario Novak, Matej Krusic, Elvis Kadic.

Kraski zidar Jadran Kras: Martin Atanasovski, Samo Majerle.
Union Olimpija has officially announced that Finnish international guard Teemu Rannikko (189-G-80) has been released from the team. As such, Rannikko becomes a free agent. He was already sidelined during the Play-Offs Finals due a foot injury. Rannikko averaged 14,6 points and 3,3 assists in Euroleague, 15,6 points and 3,8 assists in Adriatic League and 15,5 points and 4,3 assists in 1.A League UPC Telemach.
Sani?s Becirovic father, Memi, the coach and new champion of Slovenia with BC Elios Domzale is coming to Greece to watch the finals and support his sun, at the difficult games that Panathinaikos is giving against Olympiakos. Becirovic senior was aloso in Greece 40 days before. During that period, Panathinaikos gain the Euroleague title, so it seems that Memi brings luck to Panathinaikos

The Slovenian championship was the first title for Mr Becirovic and that for, he is extremely happy for his achievement. ?I am very pleased with the championship. It was my first. Right now, I am coming to Greece to ?help? Sani at the finals. I think that Panathinaikos? home advantage is going to be crucial for the finals. I believe that Panathinaikos will gain the championship and it is going to be a perfect year for our family. Sani would have 3 titles and I have 2 along with the Slovenian cup, so? it is the best that we could ever imagine?

Memi Becirovic also spoke about his future plans ?It is true that I am about to sign a two year contract with Olympia Ljubljana! It is going to be announced in the following days?
Krka signed Ivan Tomas.
In Slovenian Playoff semi-final is Union Olimpija vs. Zlatorog in other Helios vs. Krka games will be played on May 15 and May 16.
In Slovenian Playoff final will play Union Olimpia who was better against Zlatorog 2-1 in series.And Helios who better than Krka 2-0 in series.Final will be on May 27.
In Slovenian League Playoff Union Olimpia has old-new champion by beating Helios Domzale 3-0 in series.That was the 15 title in history for Union Olimpia.