TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Transfers and rumours
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
That's a very good signing for Efes, after Milos Vujanic.. i'm waiting to see what will happen with Drew Nickolas (maybe he will return..)..

Also, are there any rumours about Fener and who will be the next leader, after Fener losing Willie Solomon?!
Hi!

I'm new on the forum (I'm French and support Chorale Roanne)...

Just to let you know that a rumour sends our Power Forward Marc Salyers (top scorer in Euroleague this season) to Ankara (knowing that another potential destination would be Dynamo Moscow)

However, Chorale Roanne requests a €500 000 compensation to free Marc Salyers whose contract ends only next season

On another topic: any idea where Dewarick Spencer could sign next year?

Everyone here acutely hopes that he will make his comeback to Roanne next season and we heard that Chorale Roanne's management started discussing with him....
[quote name='"super16":2ggg9ri9']Hi!

I'm new on the forum (I'm French and support Chorale Roanne)...

Just to let you know that a rumour sends our Power Forward Marc Salyers (top scorer in Euroleague this season) to Ankara (knowing that another potential destination would be Dynamo Moscow)

However, Chorale Roanne requests a €500 000 compensation to free Marc Salyers whose contract ends only next season

On another topic: any idea where Dewarick Spencer could sign next year?

Everyone here acutely hopes that he will make his comeback to Roanne next season and we heard that Chorale Roanne's management started discussing with him....[/quote]

Hey mate, welcome to the forum. I am sure MarkoMilic will be able to help with that <!-- s:thup: -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/thup.gif[/img]<!-- s:thup: -->
Hi,

No one knows if Dewarick Spencer is going to sign with Chorale Roanne next year?
[quote name='"Konstantinos":ybhmkd8b']Also, are there any rumours about Fener and who will be the next leader, after Fener losing Willie Solomon?![/quote]

I've heard that Air Avellino guard Marques Green can replace Willie Solomon. Italian side had a great season last year and Tanjevic said that he appreciates Avellino during one interview. He played for Casa TED Kolejliler in Turkey in 2007. But I think it would be a bad movement for Fenerbahce. He's so undersized for the game(1.65) and in Euroleague your game should be more physical.
[quote name='"super16":2blu1l1a']Hi,

No one knows if Dewarick Spencer is going to sign with Chorale Roanne next year?[/quote]

Welcome mate, it is really nice to see new faces here. <!-- sSmile -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/smile.gif[/img]<!-- sSmile -->

I haven't heard anything about Spencer. He has been released from Efes and that is the oldest new about him. If i can get anything, surely i will inform you...
[quote name='"Konstantinos":l90ge2wt']That's a very good signing for Efes, after Milos Vujanic.. i'm waiting to see what will happen with Drew Nickolas (maybe he will return..)..

Also, are there any rumours about Fener and who will be the next leader, after Fener losing Willie Solomon?![/quote]

Marques Green is the hottest candidate for Solomon's replacement and Ender Arslan will most probably be his partner on this position. I think Solomon and Kinsey are the main parts of the team, i hope we can hold Kinsey for the next season...
Be?ikta? agreed with Haluk Y?ld?r?m and Muratcan Güler from Türk Telekom Ankara.
Quote:Welcome mate, it is really nice to see new faces here.

I haven't heard anything about Spencer. He has been released from Efes and that is the oldest new about him. If i can get anything, surely i will inform you...

Thanks for the welcome and for your help. I really appreciate

Quote:Marques Green is the hottest candidate for Solomon's replacement and Ender Arslan will most probably be his partner on this position. I think Solomon and Kinsey are the main parts of the team, i hope we can hold Kinsey for the next season...

I can say a few words about Marques Green as Chorale Roanne's headcoach Jean-Denys Choulet was the one who "discovered" Marques Green when he was in High School and brought him back in Europe.

Green has an amazing talent and to me, there's no doubt that he would be playing in NBA if he was a bit taller... He was very impressive when he was playing in France (first for Roanne, then for Nancy) and obviously made a terrific season in Italy.

However, I doubt he will be so outsanding at an upper level (for instance in Euroleague). His size will be really problematic against the best European point guards, even if Marques developped other skills that offset his size shortage... Clearly, do not expect him to outdo Willie Solomon... well, let's say that it is a risky bet...

On another topic, Marc Salyers is currently said to be closer to Dynamo Moscow than to Turk Telekom Ankara... It's a bit pity, as his calibre totally changed since he left Turkey. Many people say here that they had not seen such a dominant player in France since Delaney Rudd...

I am not sure he would be so dominant in Turkey, especially in a more balanced roster but he is currently at his best and proved that he could be very strong in Euroleague (I think that Fener can still remember it!)
[quote name='"super16":1f04lh06']
Quote:Welcome mate, it is really nice to see new faces here.

Thanks for the welcome and for your help. I really appreciate

Quote:Marques Green is the hottest candidate for Solomon's replacement and Ender Arslan will most probably be his partner on this position. I think Solomon and Kinsey are the main parts of the team, i hope we can hold Kinsey for the next season...

I can say a few words about Marques Green as Chorale Roanne's headcoach Jean-Denys Choulet was the one who "discovered" Marques Green when he was in High School and brought him back in Europe.

Green has an amazing talent and to me, there's no doubt that he would be playing in NBA if he was a bit taller... He was very impressive when he was playing in France (first for Roanne, then for Nancy) and obviously made a terrific season in Italy.

However, I doubt he will be so outsanding at an upper level (for instance in Euroleague). His size will be really problematic against the best European point guards, even if Marques developped other skills that offset his size shortage... Clearly, do not expect him to outdo Willie Solomon... well, let's say that it is a risky bet...

On another topic, Marc Salyers is currently said to be closer to Dynamo Moscow than to Turk Telekom Ankara... It's a bit pity, as his calibre totally changed since he left Turkey. Many people say here that they had not seen such a dominant player in France since Delaney Rudd...

I am not sure he would be so dominant in Turkey, especially in a more balanced roster but he is currently at his best and proved that he could be very strong in Euroleague (I think that Fener can still remember it!)[/quote]

Here we have the same concerns about Green. He is talented, he showed us this while playing for TBL team "Ted Kolejliler" but his performance at EL level is really a big question mark. Solomon is not the best player in his position may be and he has also so many discipline problems but he can be "the one" for a team like Fener, which does not have so many specialities or alternatives on both sides of the game. A player, who will replace him, has to be more confidential at EL level.

Marc Salyers played in 2003-2004 season for Oyak Renault. He had great stats there but couldn't save his team from relegation. He played for Fener next season but he couldn't meet the expections. I am not surprised with his performance at Roanne but i have also concerns about his contribution in a team like D.Moscow or Telekom, who have deeper and better roster. Besides, Telekom considers him as a SF i think. They have a deep front-court rotation with Dudley, Wright, As?m and K.Lang. I don't know exactly what the situation of Michael Wright is , who had really a serious injury this season but if he will be fit for the next season and Salyers will come, then he will most probably play as a SF. It would also be interesting to see a team, who has Salyers, Dudley and Wright together...

By the way, there is still nothing about D.Spencer. <!-- sSmile -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/smile.gif[/img]<!-- sSmile -->
i really wonder what fenerbahçe do without solomon. solomon was the everything of the team. mostly the only offensive scoring alternative. in some euroleague games last year, we have seen a little pressure over the guards was enough to lock the scoring ways. i dont think marques green will reach to the end of season. let you think green against diamantidis <!-- sOhmy -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/ohmy.gif[/img]<!-- sOhmy -->
May be the best transfer of running transfer season: Efes gets their former player Kaya Peker.
- Dewarick Spencer signed with Le Mans.

- Oyak Renault signed Ross Neltner (2.06-1985)

- Mutlu Akü Selçuk added Ufuk Kaçar (1.94-1976-G/F) from Kepez Bld.
Casa TED Kolejliler brings Polat Kaya from Mersin B?B.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.tblstat.net/pd.asp?p=227" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">[url="http://www.tblstat.net/pd.asp?p=227"]http://www.tblstat.net/pd.asp?p=227[/url]</a><!-- m -->
Some news about Fenerbahçe Ülker:

- Fenerbahçe Ülker agreed with Marques Green and Devin Smith from Air Avellino. These players are going to replace Willie Solomon and James White.

- Fener also thinks about strengthening their guard rotation with a Turkish PG.

- Tarence Kinsey's future is not certain, he will try to make NBA first and Fenerbahçe will be his first choice if he decides to come back to Europe.

- The team considers promoting their wonderkid Enes Kanter (2.05-1992-PF/C) to 2008-2009 roster. He is may be the most exciting talent of Turkish basketbal but i am not sure about taking him in A-Team roster which is realy overloaded in this position with Mirsad Türkcan, Semih Erden, O?uz Sava?, Ömer A??k and Gasper Vidmar.
Antalya B?B. agreed with Bernard King from Mersin B?B.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.tblstat.net/pd.asp?p=394" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">[url="http://www.tblstat.net/pd.asp?p=394"]http://www.tblstat.net/pd.asp?p=394[/url]</a><!-- m -->
Band?rma Banvit signed Lance Williams.

Efes Pilsen agreed with Mario Kasun.
GS Cafe Crown interested Polat Kocao?lu and CASA TED Kolejliler sign Polat Kaya from Mersin B?B...
Galatasaray agreed with Andrija Zizic. They are also interested in signing of Engin Atsür and another European PF.
Türk Telekom signed Roderick Blakney.

Efes is trying to sign Engin Atsür.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12