TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: PLEASE READ!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The forum was down for the last couple of days as you have noticed. That was because of hacking that we have experienced 3 times already! The old forum was very insecure and since upgrading costs $150 the decision was made to convert to a free forum. It is the latest version and it one of the best free forums out there. You will find many features in it but it will take a few days to get used to it. I am very sorry that all this happened and I hope you understand.

Now some more important things. Passwords were not converted successfully and you won't be able to login with your old password. Board mail function is still not working so you can't get a new password using "Forgot password" option. To do this please contact me via e-mail vilius87[at]gmail[dot]com or via MSN vilius_l[at]msn].com with your e-mail address and username and you will be given a fresh password which you can later change in your usercp.

Some topics were lost because conversion didn't work properly but we will be recovering them. All member accounts were converted successfully so no members were lost. You might also want to update your profile since data was lost.

The design of the forum will be customised and changed in the nearest time when all the things are sorted.

EDIT- *The problem with registration on the forum was fixed.

EDIT#2 - *Smilies and links fixed.
Bloody hell, haven't been on a phpBB board in a while. I used to bumm it when FGN used it, although we had to move to SMF becuase of the secutiry problems with phpBB. That was quite an old version of it though so this new one should be quite secure and safe I hope.

I think Vilius deserves a cheer for keeping this place going despite everything going against it recently. Thup
Yep, well done for being persistent and keeping this place going!

Thup
I was away for two weeks and found the site dead. It is back again. When it looks like everything bad that could happen had already happened, a new problem appears.
I think we just need to get this place stable again. Activity rose on the old one becuase of the reliability. When we started getting hacked and going down, activity went with it. Keep this place ticking over for a while and we'll soon be back to normal.

Hell, even I've forgotten about this place somewhat because of all the problems this place has been having recently!