TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Moderators wanted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is a chance for all of you to have your input to the site. We are looking for moderators. Everyone can apply for this position. All unmoderated forums are available. If you have your ideas and think that they would be successful on this forum then you should apply for the moderator position. If the word moderating sounds scary to then you should know that it isn't difficult. A mod has the power to lock, stick, delete, move etc. topics and posts. These features are easily controled so there won't be any difficulties using them. What do we ask from you:

* To be an active poster. This means that once you are moderator you are expected to be really active on the forums (every member is expected to be so Smile )

* To update your moderated forum regurarly. Once you take a forum it needs to be kept active and updated. In order to achieve activity you are encouraged to bring new members.

* To keep your forum tidy. Old topics should be closed, irrelevant topics should be either deleted or moved to the appropriate forum and so on.

Any questions for more details can be asked here. Applications should be sent to my via Private Messages.
Now that it's only me and Arkadios left in the staff team, more help is needed. Why not try yourself at that position? Wink
It's about time for some new faces to join the staff team. Some of the moderators weren't active lately due to their own reasons. The first post in this topic pretty much explains everything.
i can try to be if u want. I have been admin or mod in more than 30 forums, but never basketball forum. So I would like to be mod
Quote:i can try to be if u want. I have been admin or mod in more than 30 forums, but never basketball forum. So I would like to be mod

30 forums? That's a lot. I guess they didn't last for too long.

As I see your main interest is NBA so you probably would like to try moderating it?

P.S. Let's continue this conversation via PM Wink
Uh, just so you know, as far as I can tell forum mods can't stick topics, I've tried.
Quote:Uh, just so you know, as far as I can tell forum mods can't stick topics, I've tried.

I didn't know that as Global Mods and Admins have this feature. I will into that so that other mods have this power. At the moment it can not be give in admin cp. There's no such option.

EDIT - try now. You should see an option to post thread as a sticky.
Alright it works.
Ahh. So that's how Kobester got Mod.

Late grats bro.