TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: English Basketball Reported On In Daily Mail!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...Even if it was to mainly talk about Luol Deng making his debut for Great Britain. There was actually a small report about British Basketball in the media!

I almost fell off my chair.
Maybe winning some games would bring some attention from the media. Of course having and NBA star on the team shouldn't be unnoticed even in a country where basketball doesn't exist. That's a long and slow process and it looks it already started Thup
GB comprehensively took out Slovaki last week with a good inside/outside game so they have improved in terms of potential competitiveness with the addition of Archibald from Scotland and Reinking who is naturalised and had always impressed at pg position/sguard. Add Andy Betts and Deng and Richard Midgley and they have a decent starting line out. Not sure what the win over slovakia was in terms of a win - Slovaki lacked any real outside threat and their big men were lazy and were well neutralised byt the Deng/Betts/Archibald combination.

HAve to wait and see I guess.
Out of any paper to get in the Daily Mail is pretty impressive! Laugh