TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Video Replays
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On the subject of Football, what do you think of video replays? Do you think they should be introduced or what not?

Personally, i think they need to come in, in a way, yes, it will slow football down, but it will also save a great deal or arguing and team's losing out my crappy descisions.

Thoughts?
That would take a part of the beauty of the game. Everyone hates wrong decisions against their team. Especially if it costs you a game. But on the other hand, refereeing is one of the things that makes football a beautiful sport. Those mistakes add more emotions to the sport. Video replies could eliminate or at least reduce the chances of bribing the referees. But I think it happens at local championships and not in highest level tournaments. And that wouldn't exclude the possibility of match fixing if opponents are paid to lose.

With all the new technologies coming to the sport I think it is inevitable.
Yeah, i do kind of agree with what your saying.

Alot of descisions go for you too, even if they were the wrong one's, just like the Arsenal Everton game the other day, clearly handball by Eduardo for the second goal, but i wasnt complaining.
That would mean no more swearing towards the ref which isn't what I like <!-- sWarning -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/warning.gif[/img]<!-- sWarning -->
The only technology they should do is goal line tbh.
I'm with Vilius. I've grown up in Britain (a pretty football-oriented nation) and although we may complain, we love these parts of the game. These parts of the game make it interesting and different. Personally, if i turned on the Tv, or went to a game, and i knew no wrong decisions would be made. Wouldn't all matches be the same?

I think that would make football worse, but i'm open to persuasion.