TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Semi-finals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now things are definitely interesting. The first semi-final looks like the easiest one to guess, Joventut is the favourite. Galatasaray already surprised me once, let's see what happens now <!-- sWink -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif[/img]<!-- sWink --> Girona gets another Russian team, let's see if they can push Dynamo aside as well, my feeling is that they won't make it.
My mind and reason say that DKV Joventut are the favorite here because, let's face it, they are definitely a Euroleague level team. they have probably the hottest and most talented duo in Europe in Rudy Fernandez and Ricky Rubio who have been exceptional this season and have been playing like veterans.

Add to that the numerous experiences of coach Aito Reneses and you got yourself an extremely competent team...

But my heart is with Dynamo Moscow and my ex-patriots <!-- sBiggrin -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/biggrin.gif[/img]<!-- sBiggrin -->

And honestly I do not believe that Dynamo can be jealous of a Euroleague side. They got excellent players like Rovertas Javtokas, Milos Vujanic and Antonis Fotsis for once who have all won the Euroleague with Panathinaikos.

Add to that players like Travis Hansen and Henry Domercant who have been carrying numerous experiences from NCAA and Euroleague with major clubs such as TAU and Olympiakos and got yourself your other title contender.

Another plus is their coach Pesic. If he can only take advantage of the bad luck of Reneses in Final Fours <!-- sBiggrin -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/biggrin.gif[/img]<!-- sBiggrin -->

Go Dynamo Go Go Go!!!
A Spanish final it is then. Spanish basketball is so strong these days... Especially in Catalonia <!-- sWink -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif[/img]<!-- sWink -->