TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Final: Girona vs Joventut
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The trophy will be in Joventut's hands if you ask me <!-- s:p -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/tongue.gif[/img]<!-- s:p --> Girona beat Joventut in their last ACB game, but Joventut beat Girona in their first meeting and easily. So it's more of a 50-50 thing. Now in neutral ground, I give Joventut the edge.
Joventut for me. I think they will be better in such an important game. For the second year in a row we'll see Spanish team taking the ULEB Cup. I was ill and didn't see quarter-finals and semis <!-- s:thudown: -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/thudown.gif[/img]<!-- s:thudown: -->
Close game so far, although Girona had a large lead in the beginning. Marc Gasol is being intensely defenced and it's working, he's having lots of problems shooting and moving under the rim.
A catastrophe may happen, but it's all over for Girona 40-58 at the beginning of the 4th.
Garbage time now, Girona is playing just because they have to. Random shots, unsettled plays, they must want the game to end as soon as possible.
I saw Joventut winning but certainly not that easily. It's a shame that a final turned out into a game like this.
It's over, Joventut is the 2008 ULEB Cup champion! 54-79 the final result.

Good game to watch during the 1st period, in the 2nd Girona scored just 6 pts and the game became not that interesting. The key of the game was imo the amazing defense set on Marc Gasol, he was totally trapped all through the game. Excellent example on how to efectively defend a player.

Rudy Fernández the MVP.