TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: NBA Free Agents 2008 Off Season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:NBA free agents are players not signed to a contract. They're jobless. These are the best NBA free agents that InsideHoops.com can think of who are currently playing in the D-League, some other minor league, overseas, or nowhere at all, hoping an NBA team will sign them.

Unrestricted free agents can sign with any team in the league that offers them a valid contract. Restricted free agents can sign an "offer sheet" with any team other than their original team. But the original team has 10 days to match that offer, and if they choose to do so, the player returns to that original team, under the terms of that new contract. Player Option means the player has the option to end their deal and become an unrestricted free agent. Team Option means the team has the option to end the player's deal, resulting in the player becoming an unrestricted free agent.

Early Termination Option means the player can end his contract and become a free agent. It's basically similar to "Player Option." Generally, players who make lots of money don't elect to become a free agent unless they know they have a big contract waiting for them.

Also see NBA Free Agent Rankings. And coming soon, info on which teams actually have salary cap room to sign a good player.

2008 NBA FREE AGENTS LIST

Atlanta Hawks

Josh Childress ®, Josh Smith ®, Salim Stoudamire ®, Mario West ®

Boston Celtics

Tony Allen ®, Sam Cassell (U), Eddie House (U), Scot Pollard (U), James Posey (PO)

Charlotte Bobcats

Derek Anderson (U), Jermareo Davidson (TO), Othella Harrington (TO), Ryan Hollins ®, Emeka Okafor ®

Chicago Bulls

Shannon Brown (U), Luol Deng ®, Chris Duhon (U), Ben Gordon ®, Demetris Nichols ®

Cleveland Cavaliers

Devin Brown (U), Daniel Gibson ®, Dwayne Jones ®, Delonte West ®

Dallas Mavericks

Malik Allen (U), Jose Barea ®, Devean George (U), Juwan Howard (U), Eddie Jones (PO), Tyronn Lue (U), Jamaal Magloire (U), Antoine Wright (U)

Denver Nuggets

Anthony Carter (U), Yakhouba Diawara ®, Allen Iverson (Early Term. Option), Bobby Jones ®, Eduardo Najera (U), JR Smith ®

Detroit Pistons

Juan Dixon (U), Jarvis Hayes (U), Walter Herrmann ®, Lindsey Hunter (U), Theo Ratliff (U)

Golden State Warriors

Kelenna Azubuike (PO), Matt Barnes (U), Andris Biedrins ®, Austin Croshere (U), Baron Davis (Early Term. Option), Monta Ellis ®, Patrick O'Bryant (U), Mickael Pietrus (U)

Houston Rockets

Steve Francis (PO), Carl Landry ®, Dikembe Mutombo (U), Steve Novak (TO)

Indiana Pacers

Stephen Graham (TO), David Harrison ®, Jermaine O'Neal (Early Term. Option), Andre Owens ®, Kareem Rush (U)

L.A. Clippers

Elton Brand (Early Term. Option), Paul Davis ®, Dan Dickau (U), Shaun Livingston ®, Corey Maggette (Early Term. Option), Smush Parker (PO), Quinton Ross (U)

L.A. Lakers

Trevor Ariza (PO), Chris Mihm (PO), Ira Newble (U), Ronny Turiaf ®, Sasha Vujacic ®

Memphis Grizzlies

Andre Brown ®, Kwame Brown (U), Casey Jacobsen (U), Juan Carlos Navarro ®

Miami Heat

Earl Barron (U), Ricky Davis (U), Shawn Marion (Early Term. Option), Alonzo Mourning (U), Chris Quinn ®, Jason Williams (U), Dorell Wright ®

Milwaukee Bucks

Royal Ivey (U), Michael Ruffin (U), Awvee Storey (TO), Jake Voskuhl (U)

Minnesota Timberwolves

Michael Doleac (U), Ryan Gomes ®, Chris Richard ®, Craig Smith ®, Kirk Snyder ®, Sebastian Telfair ®

New Jersey Nets

Darrell Armstrong (U), DeSagana Diop (U), Nenad Krstic ®, Bostjan Nachbar (U), Stromile Swift (PO)

New Orleans Hornets

Ryan Bowen (U), Melvin Ely (PO), Jannero Pargo (PO), Bonzi Wells (U)

New York Knicks

Fred Jones (U), Stephon Marbury (Early Term. Option), Randolph Morris ®

Orlando Magic

Carlos Arroyo (U), James Augustine ®, Keith Bogans (PO), Keyon Dooling (U), Maurice Evans (U), Adonal Foyle (PO), Pat Garrity (U)

Philadelphia 76ers

Louis Amundson ®, Calvin Booth (PO), Herbert Hill ®, Andre Iguodala ®, Kevin Ollie (U), Shavlik Randolph ®, Louis Williams ®

Phoenix Suns

Gordan Giricek (U), Grant Hill (PO), Sean Marks (U), Eric Piatkowski (U), Brian Skinner (U)

Portland Trail Blazers

James Jones (PO), Raef LaFrentz (Early Term. Option), Von Wafer ®

Sacramento Kings

Ron Artest (Early Term. Option), Anthony Johnson (U), Kenny Thomas (Early Term. Option), Beno Udrih (U), Lorenzen Wright (U), Jeff Lenchiner (InsideHoops.com - just kidding)

San Antonio Spurs

Brent Barry (U), Michael Finley (U), Robert Horry (U), Kurt Thomas (U), Jacque Vaughn (PO)

Seattle Sonics

Francisco Elson (U), Mickael Gelabale ®, Robert Swift ®

Toronto Raptors

Primoz Brezec (U), Jose Calderon ®, Carlos Delfino ®, Rasho Nesterovic (PO)

Utah Jazz

Jason Hart (PO), CJ Miles ®, Paul Millsap (TO)

Washington Wizards

Gilbert Arenas (Early Term. Option), Antawn Jamison (U), Roger Mason (U)

Washington might have Gilbert out because Jamison is leaving. That's.. the end for the Wizards. The Spurs have some key players leaving too.. Clipers have Brand leaving, and Denver has A.I if he chooses, early term.. so.. your thoughts on the free agents? Which will have the most impact, and who will ahve to get alot of free agents to help their team out?
i can't really say who will have the biggest impact theres not a lot of true stars on the list but i know the suns need to go after some people and the hawks need to keep both of the joshs and the celtics need to keep house and posey to repeat bobcats need to change their whole group except my boy gerald wallace. the bulls need to keep gordon, deng but can do without duhon cause they just got rose. the cavs need to keep west and gibson i donknow the other two guys must be bench sitters. The Mavs can lose all of them except for jones but he probably leave to but they need to focus on defense they have a good squad. The nuggets need to get rid of allen iverson i like him and hi is good but he needs the ball in his hands to much but they should keepcarter and smith but they need to shop for a good guard that is consistent. THe pistons should keep herrmann cause hes big and can shoot the 3 ball and i guess let the rest go cause they need a change somewhere in their roster i can't quite figure it out yet though but they keep falling short in playoffs. But i could write all day long about what team needs to change what this is just a few i would be here all night and day doing this but i believe there will be a lot of change next season
True. But did you hearrrr Elton Brand and Corey Magette got new teams? Woo! Not to mention Baron Davi.s.
i don't think baron davis should have left warriors but he is gonna put up a lot of shots with clippers and they aren't gonna make it to playoffs. i forgot who bran and corey went to but both are strong and tough.
Guys, do you think Ricky Davis can come to Europe ( and Greece ) ? Of course the money he will take, will be very good ( we talk about 8+ mil dollars per year )...

I need your opinion on that!
I like Trevor Ariza and Ira Newble I hope they will not leave