TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Gasol's Blind Rivalry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Claiming he was unaware of the existence of a Los Angeles Lakers-Boston Celtics rivalry until numerous media outlets suggested their 2008 Finals matchup would revive it, curious Lakers center Pau Gasol researched the topic Wednesday by entering "Lakers + Celtics + Rivalry" into the Internet search engine Google.

The All-Star center expressed surprise upon finding that search results yielded nearly 75,000 websites about the topic, including a Wikipedia entry devoted solely to the Celtics-Lakers matchup.

"I guess these teams go way back," Gasol told reporters, adding that he was also intrigued to learn that the Lakers themselves have a history that precedes their 1996 signing of Shaquille O'Neal. "Apparently, before I was born, the Lakers and Celtics used to play each

Yesterday was huuuge on the rivalry, the whole show beforehand was nearly based on it. I thought even people who didn't really follow the NBA knew this.
Alright, that's pretty damn funny.

He didn't even know he was playing a rival team, or that the Lakers existed before Shaq.
Yeah. Seriously. He's dumb. Lakers were playin WAY before Shaq, is he dumb? Do research!

Plus, the Celtics-Lakers rivalry is a graet one. Alot of people know it. Kareem, Bird, Erving, Johnson, all come from the great rivalry.

They've faced eachother countless times fo rthe title too.
The news is a joke... Ckeck the whole article: http://www.theonion.com/content/news/pau...rs_celtics and notice the photo as well Cool The Onion is a fake news website. Funny though Tongue
Oh wow.
lol.. harsh
where has Gasol been for the past 50 years he must dont really like basketball cause thats one of the biggest rivals of all time in basketball and just about any other sport thats why they lose the championship because he didnt show up to play he was in LA LA land throughout the whole series