TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: 2.23m tall Samuel Deguara
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anything new about the 2.23m Maltese? Is he still with Benetton Treviso? How's he doing there?

Meanwhile Division C Eurobasket ended yesterday and Malta ended last but one. Deguara had some good stats for a 17-year-old: 8 ppg + 8.2 rpg + 1.4 bpg in 17 minutes over 5 games.
Is 2.23m big, or small?
(Jun 25, 2008, 12:51 am)Straight Faced Wrote: [ -> ]Is 2.23m big, or small?

It's around 7' 4" so yeah it's really big.

I haven't heared about him. Hes's pretty tall for a 17-year-old considering that he can still grow. Also his stats look impressive for his age.
(Jun 25, 2008, 9:39 am)Vilius Wrote: [ -> ]It's around 7' 4" so yeah it's really big.

I haven't heared about him. Hes's pretty tall for a 17-year-old considering that he can still grow. Also his stats look impressive for his age.

Holy crap.

He probably has one of those growing malfunctions, where you're body like, doesn't stop growing, or it grows at an accelerated pace.
Come on... 2,23 is not so big.

Geneticaly engineered chinese are bigger. Look at YAO MING. Height: 7-6 / 2,29
(Jun 26, 2008, 1:33 am)Straight Faced Wrote: [ -> ]He probably has one of those growing malfunctions, where you're body like, doesn't stop growing, or it grows at an accelerated pace.

I have seen some pics of him and he actually looks normal.
he is 7'4 and thats all he is averaging he should have like 30 pts 20 rebounds and like at least 10 blocks. he is the tallest thing on the court if i was that tall in high school i would be in the nba a right a bout now that crazy what they feeding him
(Jul 3, 2008, 4:11 am)37squad Wrote: [ -> ]he is 7'4 and thats all he is averaging he should have like 30 pts 20 rebounds and like at least 10 blocks. he is the tallest thing on the court if i was that tall in high school i would be in the nba a right a bout now that crazy what they feeding him

Height is not everything Wink There are many big guys who fail in basketball.
yeah you are right hieght is not everything but it is a major part in basketball and if he is still in high school playing against high schoolers then he really doesn't have to have any skill at all just catch and dunk and rebound and block shots the high school kids are probably scared to play him anyway but he still has time to improve his game since he is still young
He's only 17 and started playing 2 years ago. Give him time.
see i kinda of figured he haven't been playing basketball long but like i said he has time to develop
(Jul 4, 2008, 11:09 pm)rikhardur Wrote: [ -> ]He's only 17 and started playing 2 years ago. Give him time.

He's only been playing 2 years. He's a bloody good player, considering he has only two years of experience.

He'll improve then.
Just stumbled upon this old thread. Deguara never reached basketball heights. He had a deal with Liga Endesa side Fuenlabrada but hasn't played a single game for them.

Latest news about him is that he signed Lithuanian second division side Šilutė.

And here's Deguara in action for some other team.