TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Doc River's Stained Gatorade Shirt goes for $55,000!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow. Insane. Check this out. People'll pay big money for this guy's shirt!

Quote:BOSTON -- The Gatorade-stained shirt worn by Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers as the team won its first NBA championship in 22 years has been auctioned for $55,000.

An anonymous bidder bought the shirt, autographed by Rivers and Celtics star Paul Pierce, and the accompanying Gatorade bucket at a charity auction on sports radio WEEI-AM's Web site. The proceeds will benefit the Boston Celtics Shamrock Foundation.

The foundation said Tuesday the high bid of $35,000 came from an anonymous bidder. Gatorade and a second anonymous donor each pledged $10,000 to bring the total to $55,000.

Celtics managing partner and foundation president Steve Pagliuca offered a personal donation of $35,000 to the charity if the winning bidder would share the shirt at certain times for display. No word yet on whether the bidder will accept the offer.

Crazy!
A few years ago, I went to the Michigan state basketball camp, and Shannon Brown wrote his name on a gatorade cup and jokingly said sell it on ebay and tossed it to me, so I sold it on ebay and got $235 for it.
That's insane. You got lucky. Wink But that's cool of him to do that.

Great story.
Yeah I didn't think I'd get much, a few dollars if that.
Also Tiger Woods Apple Core that he ate during the Us Open in the playoff got sold for like 33,000 dollars! Yuck! An Apple core that Tiger woods bit! Collectors item, much?
They're gonna realize they wasted they're money when it get's all moldy.
why would you buy a used stained old guys shirt thats crazy you can buy a brand new car for that much think of all the GAS we could have Laugh Crazy