TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Quotes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We will be seeing more and more quotes about Olympics in the media (including TalkBasket Wink) so I guess we could use one thread to post them.

Quote:Chris Bosh: "The thing I like about this team is that everyone checks their egos at the door," Bosh said. "“We know what it takes.

"That first World Championship (2006), we were really trying to learn the international game and how to play as a team.

"“But now, everyone is ready to play basketball and play together because we know if we don't play together, we know things aren't going to happen the way we want them to."
Nice thread, i got couple LeBron Quotes that aired this morning on krepsinis.net

http://www.krepsinis.net/news.php?news_id=80074

I will try to translate, correct me if I am wrong:

Quote:We will sacrifice our stats, in order to win gold

here he admits that before olympics everyone in NBA care just about stats. awful truth.

Quote:We are our teams' leaders and here in China we will need to throw ball to one who is lucky, in olympics nobody of us will care about personal stats

and we thought Shaq got small brain Smile
Quote:Darius Songaila: "We have Argentina and Russia in our group. We must be concentrated right from the first game. I think it will be difficult but I hope that everything will go well for us."

If it is hard from the start, we can expect it to be easier in the next round. It depends on what opponent we get. Among the favourites who will fight for the medals there are at least six teasm. We are among them."
Quote:F***!

Slovenian fans after they heard Smodis won't play due to foot injury

Quote:F*** off!

Slovenian fans after they heard Vidmar won't play too due to broken wrist

Quote:F*** off F*** off F*** off!!!

Slovenian fans after they heard Zagorac will substitute Smodis
Quote::blink ... Blink Blink

Slovenian fans after they heard Drobnjak will be 2nd substitute
Rasho Nesterovic http://www.talkbasket.net/2905-rasho-nes...-team.html

Quote:About national team: there were lot of denouncements in last few weeks, Smodis and Vidmar injured, new players were invited to the team. How do you see all this?

That's the question I heard the most in last days. Fact is that have players who want and can play for NT. Who wants wants, who doesn't doesn't. I'm sure these guys will play as hard as they can and I'm sure we are still capable to qualify for Olympic Games.

What would you say if some new players would be called up to the team after the qualification to play at Olympic Games, if you qualify of course?

No way. That's out of question. We're sweating and working now and they are on holiday. And you expect that then we will go to holidays and they will play? No way!
Dwyane Wade speaks about preparation for Olympics:

Jonas Kazlauskas (head coach of China) about Ilgauskas and Lithuania NT:

Quote:This year everything is done so that Americas would win Olympics. Right from the start I though that the chances to see Ilgauskas in NT are minimal. Americans are not afraid of Yao Ming and China but they are afraid of Lithuania. The clubs will do everything to keep the player [from playing for thei national teams]. Nowitzki and Ginobili both received pressure from their teams.

I'd just like to add that if we speak about refereeing then it's been in favour of Americans. It was mentioned many times before but travelling is simply ignored. I was mad when I saw "Dunk of the day" on Eurosport. It was Kobe dunking after a fast break. He took the pass, made two steps with the ball in his hands and only then started dribbling. I can't stand that. How long will this be ignored?