TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Day 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Iran 57:91 Croatia

Australia 106:75 Lithuania

Greece 91:77 China

Angola vs. Spain

USA vs. Germany

Argentina vs. Russia

A horrific performance by Lithuania to finish the group stage. Although the game meant nothing to neither team but you can't play like that in Olympics. Our players showed absolutelly no motivation. They weren't even trying in defense. On the contrary Australia had a great game and were highly motivated. They hit lots of 3-pointers and were better in every aspect of the game. I was going to make a similar post that I made after our loss to USA in the friendly game. You can lose a game but lose it when you give your heart on the court. The way that Lithuania lost today is shameful. I bet it's the worst loss since probably 1992 against Dream Team. A nice way to make history <!-- s:dry: -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/dry.gif[/img]<!-- s:dry: -->

So far I saw only one confident win from Lithuania and it was against the weakest team in Olympics - Iran. Despite finishing first in our group and winning every game, I can't say that we are playing well. Some wins were harder than they should have been.

We will face China in the quarters. They are probably the best what we can ask from Group B. Though I am not so sure about the result. Their head coach is the best Lithuanian coach Jonas Kazlauskas. He knows our team better than any other coach in Olympics. We should win but I guess that once again the game will be much closer than the quality of the teams is. If we make it to the semis then we'll most likely get Spain and it looks like we wll to fight for the bronze once again.
Spain 98 - Angola 50

Easy game from Spain, recovering godd vibrations after USA game. Spains started slow (25-15 Angola in second quarter) but since then defense and fastbreak gave to Spain a confortable difference. Marc Gasol didn't play and he is doubtful against Croatia with a knee problem. Carlos Jiménez is fully recovered after his neck problems.

We will face Croatia, irregular team but in last game they won us in Seville (Eurobasket 2007) for 1 point. Marko Popovic won't play with a foot problem and Zoran Planinic is doubtful.
Team USA won by almost 50.

Dirk had 16 points for Germany, he was pretty much the only guy playing well.
[quote name='"Straight Faced":3qci5b9r']Team USA won by almost 50.

Dirk had 16 points for Germany, he was pretty much the only guy playing well.[/quote]

I couldn't see that game, what about Kaman? He was playing quite well in the pre-olympic and olympic torunament.
Kaman played 17 minutes and scored 6 points (3/9 shots). He also took 4 rebounds and made 4 turnovers. [url="http://http"]Full Boxscore[/url].