TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: NBA GMs: Rubio, Navarro, Splitter the best outside the NBA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Who is the best international player NOT in the NBA?

1. Ricky Rubio -- 57.7%
2. Juan Carlos Navarro -- 7.7%
3. Tiago Splitter -- 7.7%

Others receiving votes: Dimitrios Diamantidis, Jorge Garbajosa, Nenad Krstic, Bostjan Nachbar, Theo Papaloukas, Fran Vazquez, Nikola Vujicic

I think they miss Navarro and I also think they miss knowledge about basketball outside the US. I like Rubio very much, but no. 1? I don't think so. Fran Vazquez? Rolleyes Where's Šiškauskas? Pekovic?

Also...

Quote:Who is the best international player in the NBA?

1. Dirk Nowitzki -- 66.7%
2. Manu Ginobili -- 18.5%
3. Steve Nash -- 11.1%
4. Yao Ming -- 3.7%

http://www.nba.com/2008/tipoff/10/21/gmsur...kies/index.html

Fully agree.
(Oct 23, 2008, 2:40 am)rikhardur Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Who is the best international player NOT in the NBA?

1. Ricky Rubio -- 57.7%
2. Juan Carlos Navarro -- 7.7%
3. Tiago Splitter -- 7.7%

Others receiving votes: Dimitrios Diamantidis, Jorge Garbajosa, Nenad Krstic, Bostjan Nachbar, Theo Papaloukas, Fran Vazquez, Nikola Vujicic

I think they miss Navarro and I also think they miss knowledge about basketball outside the US. I like Rubio very much, but no. 1? I don't think so. Fran Vazquez? Rolleyes Where's Šiškauskas? Pekovic?

Also...

Quote:Who is the best international player in the NBA?

1. Dirk Nowitzki -- 66.7%
2. Manu Ginobili -- 18.5%
3. Steve Nash -- 11.1%
4. Yao Ming -- 3.7%

http://www.nba.com/2008/tipoff/10/21/gmsur...kies/index.html

Fully agree.

Laughable. If Rudy Fernandez hadn't played so well against Team USA and then signed with Portland they probably would have left him out too. Carlos Delfino is missing, Trajan Landgon as well. I could probably find 50 more players who deserve to be on that list more than Vasquez. Vujcic isn't what he used to be anymore and shouldn't be on the list either.
This is what i call solidarity. Choosing mediocre players over true stars and basketball geniuses just to justify their ridiculous draft picks such as Vazquez.