TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Hey Everyone!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there Everyone!

My name is Oscar Wennberg, and im 16 years old from Sweden, Europe. I Have just found this Forum, and it seems really interesting to me. I really love the sport Basketball. Almost every time i have off school i play, or watch some cool dunks on Youtube, or maybe some old game on TV. My Mum is from Georgia, USA, and that automatically makes me Half-Amerikan, wich i think is very good.

I am playing basketball in a Swedish Basketballclub called Onsala Pirates. The club was founded in 2007 and has quickly grown to become large. We are now about 200 members. I play in the Onsala p94/95, wich is a team for boys born in 1994/1995, but I also play in the Onsala A-Team in Division 4. In addition to this, I am also a coach for Girls born in 1999/2000 and Refree.

First of all, I will finish school here in Sweden, where I study engineering. I have about 2 years left, and then I should start at the university, but I would like to attend a U.S. university/college and play basketball at the college level. This is of course my goal and my dream. I have many thoughts and concerns over a lot of different things regarding to this, so if you go to university/college, or if you play basketball on one of these levels, or if you just want to make contact with me, it´s just to PM me. I would be very happy to get a message from anyone with the same interests like me for example.

See you around / Wennberg.
That's cool. My mom is from the South too. What are you fav professional and university teams?
Welcomeani to Tb man!!!

I'm sure you're here to stay! We need some permanent members more!

What teams do you support in Europe and/or NBA???

Judging from Pippen being your favorite player, I bet you love playing defense! Cool
Welcome. It's good to know that even lower division clubs in countries like Sweden have a lot of kids in their youth departments.

I hope you can fulfill your basketball dreams.
Welcome to TalkBasket! Smile

You sound like you're crazy for basketball, so that's the place for you Wink who are your favorite teams?
Maybe i should have wrote which teams are my favourite.. ^^

I don´t really know that much about University basketball.. I have just seen some games on TV, like Oklahoma State and Duke University..

In Europe my favourite team is BC Žalgiris. It´s a team from Lithuania, and they have dominated the Lithuanian basketball for very long. Actually they won the Euroleague in 1999.

My NBA favourite team is Boston Celtics (Believe it or not) They haven´t started this season the very best, but i think that they play really fun basketball to watch!

Black Urum, thank you, i hope so to. Smile

TeoTheGreek, you are absolutely right. I love playing Defense, and i put almost all my energy and focus on it. I rather make some great passes and assist than score myself.. Wink
Welcome cl00rm Cool
(Feb 17, 2012, 7:51 pm)stefans Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome cl00rm Cool

Thanks! Biggrin
Welcome abroad. Sorry about the Tennis elimination from Serbia Biggrin

What role do you play in your team?
(Feb 17, 2012, 9:19 pm)Led00 Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome abroad. Sorry about the Tennis elimination from Serbia Biggrin

What role do you play in your team?

Thanks dude. No problems with the tennis, i dont like the sport.. haha.

In my team im an allround player. I can play Guard/ Forward/ Center, but my favourite position must be the Small Forward. (Just like my idol, Scottie Pippen! Wink
Welcome aboard! We're a basketball-mad bunch here too, so you should fit right in Smile
Welcome to the board. How do basketball fans in Sweden view Jonas Jerebko? Is he well respected in Sweden?
(Mar 10, 2012, 9:02 pm)skangles Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the board. How do basketball fans in Sweden view Jonas Jerebko? Is he well respected in Sweden?

Thanks. Smile

Yes, he is alot of peoples idol, but i dont know.. Smile But i think it´s cool that he made it to the NBA tho Smile