TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: New basketball game challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While casually shooting some baskets, I thought of a new game that became addicting pretty quickly and I thought I would share it with you - maybe some of you would try it next time you are playing around.

Second Chance Basketball

Object:

The object of this game is to make the longest shot after making consecutive shots while stepping further away from the basket. "Second Chance" allows you an extra shot should you miss one in the series of consecutive shots.

Method:

Starting at any place on the floor, attempt a shot.

1. If you make it, take one step back and try the next shot.

- Continue taking one step back each time you make it.

2. If you miss it, take a Second Chance shot from the same place

- If you make it, take one step back and continue.

- If you miss the Second Chance, take one step forward and try to make it from there.

3. Continue until you have made the longest shot of the game, or of the day, or of the year, or of your life.

Rules:

1. To qualify for the "longest shot" a game must consist of at least 3 consecutive shots made at any time during the game.

2. The length of one step back isn't important, the goal is to get the "longest shot".
First of all welcome aboard. Please stick around and join other discussions <!-- s:thup: -->[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/thup.gif[/img]<!-- s:thup: -->

The rules of your game sound pretty simple so they're easy to learn. What is your longest shot so far?
Since I am not such a good shooter, I have only gotten one step past the foul line. I used to play pretty well in high school, but now I am 60 years old and "touch" isn't really a common experience any more. Hopefully the result of playing the game will be that I have fun and my shooting improves!