TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Gameday 1: Turkey - Lithuania
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will Lithuanian fans help their favourite team to win the opening game? Who will win the game which will probably decide group winner?
This is the worst Lithuanian NT i've ever seen in my life...What's the problem? Will lithuania out of Eurobasket in first round?
Our main problem is the coach. This is exactly the worst NT that we had. Not because of the players but because of the way that it is coached. What would have happened if Butautas had the squad of 2005? We only had Siskauskas then. Ginevicius was our main point guard! But we won all group games quite easily including wins against Croatia and Turkey. The team played nice basketball with young Jankunas, Jasaitis, Lavrinovic brothers etc. And eventually we finished 5th. If Butautas had such players we would probably get beaten heavily in every game.

Will we make it to the next round? It is still possible but I'd rate our chances now 50-50. I made a large post in the other thread so I don't want to repeat myself. This disaster could have a positive effect on Lithuanian basketball in a way - because it's a chance to kick out old morons from LKF. Though I can't see that happening until Garastas is alive. The fans should put pressure on LKF and start a petition or something so that the changes won't be avoided.