TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Brandon Jennings scores 55 pts!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[url="http://www.talkbasket.net/news/brandon-jennings-drops-55-2441.html"]via TalkBasket[/url]

Quote:Former Roma player Brandon Jennings, who made history when he skipped college to play pro ball in Europe, scored 55 points in last night's game of Milwaukee Bucks against Golden State Warriors.

The final score of the was 129-125 but it was Jennings' performance which stunned everyone. The 20 year old became the youngest player to score over 50 points in an NBA game, overpassing Lebron James. Jennings was selected 10th in the summer draft but he is now #1 favourite for the Rookie of the Year award.

Another record set by Jennings is that he is now the rookie who has scored the most points in a game for Bucks. The previous record holder was... Kareem Abdul-Jabbar! Jennings averaged just 7.6 ppg last season in Euroleague and his career high was just 17 points.

Jenning was also 3 points short of setting an NBA overall record for a rookie held by Wilt Chamberlain with 58 points.

Earlier in the season Jennings stated on Euroleague and NBA to "Baseline" website :

"The year in Europe helped my development with that. I was straight out of high school when I went over there, and to start, I was going 100 m.p.h. every day. But, learning how they play, the slower pace and learning how to use my quickness within that, that helped my game a lot. Playing in Europe, in the league I was in, it was war. You can grab, hold and do all that stuff. So I have come out here and I am used to that style. There’s definitely more physical play there (Europe) than here (NBA). There’s more rules against being physical here than there are in Europe."

[y]ULCTiqn_2x4[/y]
Looks like the year with Roma really did help him a lot after all. But players need the right attitude, like Jennings had, in order for the Euro experience to help them. Jeremy Tyler doesn't seem to have that attitude (yet), and he's just bitching about playing time blah blah blah...not gonna help. I hope Jennings' success in the NBA helps him realize that.
it is unbelievable how different the nba and the euroleague are...