TalkBasket.net Basketball Forums

Full Version: Lakers will visit Barca before next season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Los Angeles Lakers will travel to Spain before the start of 2010-2011 season to face Barcelona. The game will be dedicated to Pau Gasol. If Barca wins Euroleague this year and if Lakers succeed in NBA then it could be NBA champions vs. Euroleague champions.
Interesting. I'm definitely watching that game and definitely rooting for Barca to win. Biggrin
I want to see Pau play for Barca and then see how well the Lakers would do - just for one game Biggrin
We should not forget that Ricky Rubio plays for Barca so this will be yet another chance for NBA fans to see him in action.
Quote:We should not forget that Ricky Rubio plays for Barca so this will be yet another chance for NBA fans to see him in action.

I have a feeling that Rubio is not going to succeed in the NBA. His just - well - too small compared to bigger guards like Jason Kidd, Steve Nash etc...
According to Wikipedia, Rubio is 1.92m while Nash is 1.91m. I don't think that size will matter much in this case. Earl Boykins wasn't a star but still managed to average over 14 points per game in his best season despite being just 1.65m.

This could be a new thread about whether Rubio will succeed in NBA or not.
Rubio isn't small height wise and will get stronger over time (he's just 19!), plus he might still even grow a few more centimeters. I don't think he has to worry about his size, it's the different style that he'll have to get used to. Still, I believe in him.

And Barca with Pau sounds like a horror movie for most teams.