Andell Cumberbatch interview
After shining as a college basketball player with St. Bonaventure, Andell Cumberbatch is showing his potential in the FIBA Europe Cup where was the only one player able to score more than 15 points per game, grab more than 5 rebounds and steal more than 2 balls. Definitely, Andell Cumberbatch is ready for the big leagues.
– At what point did you become interested in basketball and when did it become apparent you could possibly make a living out of it?
I became interested in basketball when I was about 9 years old. I never thought that I would make it this far playing this game.
– For those who have not had the chance to see you play yet, how do you describe your game?
My game is more of a slasher taking the ball to the basket putting pressure on the defense and crafty defensive player.
– How has your season gone so far this year?
Our season is going great so far, we’re on the right track to have the longest winning streak in club history, as far as FIBA Europe Cup we played well but just could not make it into the next round. we made big strides within the club and learned a lot from playing in it.
– What aspects of your game are you currently working on most to improve?
I’m always working on my shooting, that is one part of my game that I love to work on and I believe is getting better every day.
– Is there anybody you model your game after?
I try to take things from everyone I see play including people older and younger than me but I usually just try to take things from everyone to add to my game.
– Who has been the most difficult opponent you have faced?
I never really faced someone where I knew I was in trouble for a game, but I’m definitely ready for anything.
– What’s been your biggest basketball moment so far?
My biggest basketball moment was my senior year in college when we beat a top 25 VCU team.
– What can you tell us about your experience in Czech Republic?
My experience in Czech was good being there my first year out helped me being able to cope with a lot of things and living by myself.
– Where do you see yourself five years from now?
In 5 years I see myself being successful and reaching the goals that I am working for right now.
– So far, how has Austria been?
Austria has been great, I’m enjoying myself here and getting better. Only thing I don’t like is the cold weather.
– What is your main goal in life?
My main goal is to help my mom have a better life by help providing for her and to help everyone else in my family.
This interview was conducted by Thomas Jones.